SHOP

there has been plenty of time to get into SHOP at a profit. Near July 4 when most of today’s news was known it was $87,. Today $119. Close to all time high. Expectations are so high that I await the coming earnings report with some nervousness. But not enough to make me sell. Though as gains for investors approach the long term capital gains point we will see more selling pressures.

1 Like

Though as gains for investors approach the long term capital gains point we will see more selling pressures.

Hi Mauser,

You’ve got that very wrong. The MF Rule Breakers recommended Shopify in Feb 2016 at about $20, and in Mar 2016 at about $27 as I remember. That’s over a year and a half ago. So the really large capital gains have been Long Term for well over six months – and no one seems to be selling, or, at least there has been hugely more buying pressure than selling pressure for those same past six months. Maybe you should rethink that thesis.
Saul

PS - Oh, and MF Stock Advisor recommended Shopify July 15, 2016, at $32.50. MF SA has a very large subscriber base. That recommendation, with also really large capital gains, has been Long Term for two and a half months now.

If Shopify sells off, it will have to be due to some bad news, not to capital gains becoming long term. That’s come and gone for the really large gains.

Best,

Saul

12 Likes

large gains small gains, they are all gains. Not everybody bought early , the real acceleration of prices started last December. MF subscribers who actually bought SHOP must represent a small percentage of owners.
Actually you may have got it very wrong because in fact neither of us has insight into the minds of each of the millions of SHOP holders . What they feel. Which is probably mostly bullish right now but if we have a broad decline they will want to protect profits