SHOP

Sorry for this not so valuable post…but I had to chuckle at Shopify’s closing price today.

Bear

Sorry for this not so valuable post…but I had to chuckle at Shopify’s closing price today.

Why Bear? What’s special about $137?

Why Bear? What’s special about $137?

Not sure if you’re kidding, but just so as not to leave anyone in suspense:

https://investors.shopify.com/Investor-News-Details/2018/Sho…

Bear

1 Like

The price of their share offering.

1 Like

Not sure if you’re kidding…

LOL, yes, I was serious, short term memory here. That’s what happens when you own too many stocks, right, can’t keep track of them all?

But perfect, that’s the way it’s supposed to work, right?

Well, you own too many stocks if you forget you have SHOP! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I figured the price would be arbitraged to with a few dollars, but wow!

To the penny!

I hope our good ol’ Wonderboy and his contractors know what they’re doing.
You see, that shiny new floor under the stock price is interchangeable.
If not perfectly installed, it often turns out to be the new ceiling!

Dan
just glad it wasn’t offered at an even $100

Well, you own too many stocks if you forget you have SHOP! :slight_smile:

I know you’re joking, but in my defense, I do know I own SHOP, it is my #2 holding afterall, but I had just forgotten the significance of the “137” number. :wink:

Again, in my defense, my day job is dealing with numbers, numbers, and more numbers. I can tell you off the top of my head inventory levels, rates, delivery quantities, etc, of hundreds of company locations we have. So I claim my brain is too full of other numbers to remember all relevant numbers for my many stocks (of which, I agree, I have too many!).

I’m improving my situation, I had over 80 stocks at one point…I’m in the 40s now! That’s a big improvement, and I’ll continue paring them down this year. The goal is to get under 30, I think I’ll be there by the end of this year. I don’t think I could ever get as concentrated as 10-15, although I do agree, that looks like the best way to have outsized gains.

3 Likes

Using Sauls method, I have a hard time keeping up with the 8 I have.

I think 12 would stretch me to the breaking point.

Cheers
Qazulight

2 Likes

The goal is to get under 30, I think I’ll be there by the end of this year. I don’t think I could ever get as concentrated as 10-15, although I do agree, that looks like the best way to have outsized gains.

I have seven stocks and three ETFs and I’m quite comfortable with that. Peter Lynch had a huge number of stocks in the Magellan Fund but it was an uneven distribution, he had some large positions and a very long tail of Ten-Bagger candidates. He also had at his disposal a large staff of analysts which we don’t have, a TMF board is the closet we have to that. For Lynch investing was a full time job, some of us still have day jobs (not me). To each his own!

Denny Schlesinger

2 Likes

Actually, I had forgotten or lost track of the SHOP stock offering. I know I didn’t know that it was $137. I was too busy figuring out what do to with some other stocks that were catching volatility disease that was creating momentary losses.

1 Like