Shopify

Hi Saul,

I am wondering what your take is on Shopify’s quarterly report just released this morning? The stock is down significantly this morning which surprises me. Did you see anything in the report that makes you question the long term growth trajectory of this company?

Sincerely,
Cleverbear1

I am wondering what your take is on Shopify’s quarterly report just released this morning? The stock is down significantly this morning which surprises me. Did you see anything in the report that makes you question the long term growth trajectory of this company?

Hi cleverbear, No I didn’t see anything. I added a little to my position on the pullback. Let’s face it. Revenue up 95% is not bad. :wink:

They still aren’t profitable of course, but that is an incredible rate of growth. And it seems consistent. They grew revenue at 95% for all of 2015 as well.

Saul

5 Likes

Thanks Saul,

I really appreciate your answering the question that I posed. Some companies never learn how to make a profit and that is the danger with them as I see it. However I liked what was said on their webcast although admittedly there is a lot of it that I did not understand. It is not really a story stock in the true sense of the word but is also not a profitable one either. To me the growth trajectory trumps the lack of profit. I will add to my position today.

All the best!
cleverbear1