SKX - I bought a pair in Belgium...

…and at €65 (euros) they were not cheap, actually the most expensive in the men’s walking shoe racks. The Nike walking shoes next to them in the racks were €52. This at a Decathlon sporting goods store. I’m enjoying the shoes as they’re really comfortable!

Just mentioning this as I’ve gathered from comments in the board that Skechers are a less expensive brand in the States. And they may be here in Europe as well, I only started to notice them since taking a position in the stock but wanted to mention this one experience where they cost the most in one section of a big European sporting goods store.

I’m not too worried by their last quarter’s report and expect this is a good investment.

5 Likes

I only started to notice them since taking a position in the stock but wanted to mention this one experience where they cost the most in one section of a big European sporting goods store.

That’s not what I noticed in London before I left nor in Asia where I have seen Skechers takeoff. They are usually priced at 20-30% discount to Nike parity. Partly because of the pricing strategy as mentioned by the CEO/CFO and partly because of the retailing outlets they inhabit which are not in the same premium locations as Nike.

A

1 Like

In Holland they tend to be cheaper priced…more interestingly, i bought my mom 2 pairs of SKX shoes when she visited us in Charlotte a few months ago. They happened to be shoes that are not available in Holland (yet), and her friends went nuts. Mom is a young 70 years old, and a former ballerina who wont be caught in an ugly or unstylish pair of shoes. The international market for SKX has not even started to boom

6 Likes