Snowflake’s new Investor Presentation I s

Snowflake’s new Investor Presentation

I started reading it and I became riveted on slide 11. While most of our companies track $100k customers, Snowflake tracks million dollar customers and five million dollar customers. And that’s trailing twelve months, not anticipated! … And what results they had last quarter!

In their fiscal 2019, 2020, and 2021 years, ending in January, they had the following million dollar customers: 14… 41… and 77! So they grew by 27 and then by 36, from one year to the next.

Now listen to this! By the end of the April quarter, just their first quarter into fiscal 2022, they grew from 77 to 104 !!! They grew by 27 (or 35%) in one quarter !!! Sequentially !!!

Now let’s look at five million dollar customers: In their fiscal 2019, 2020, and 2021 years, ending in January, they had the following million dollar customers: 1… 4… and 12! So they grew by 3 and then by 8 from one year to the next.

Now listen to this! By the end of the April quarter, just their first quarter into fiscal 2022, they grew from 12 to 19 !!! They grew by 7 (or 58%) in one quarter !!! Sequentially !!! That’s almost what they grew all last year!

Wow! Just Wow!

Saul

160 Likes

Recently I was working with the AWS ProServe team and the primary person was responsible for all AWS consulting services for a 1/3 of the US. An opportunity popped up to help them with a Redshift opportunity. When I dug into it with the manager, he disclosed that it was really a SNOW compete opportunity. He was asking me to “invest” in this opportunity with him to win. I asked the simple question back and that was, “how often do you win when competing against SNOW?”, his response, “almost never”!.

For me that solidified that we were not going to invest in the sales opportunity and from an investment standpoint it certainly solidified my conviction in the stock.

The long term concern I have and what I will be watching for is when AWS (and by proxy Azure) will do something about this. They clearly consider SNOW a competitor and are behind the eight ball right now.

Long SNOW

29 Likes