Sold some AAPL today

Apple has become a very large portion of our portfolio both through the stock itself and through VTSAX. We have been planning some very expensive trips in the next couple or years so we decided to use Apple to fund our fun. Is anyone else using their Apple stock as to enable their enjoyment?

3 Likes

Heh, well, just the dividends, but it is nice to see the growth, in any case… We traveled a bit in our younger times, not sure I could handle the pace today, but it’s possible, I suppose… Nice to be home, too, tho… Congrats…

2 Likes

In the late 2000’s, we sold a bunch of AAPL (and others) to make a big downpayment on a house. Do I wish we had held? Sure, but at this point, wishing that is just being greedy.

Much more recently (in May), we sold shares to get some extra cash to pay for an expensive luxury watch to mark my son’s graduation from college.

Oh, and back in November, we went on a Mediterranean cruise. We didn’t sell any AAPL to fund it, though, and it wasn’t any more expensive than our other vacations recently. We also don’t travel on vacation much nowadays, so when we do, we just splurge.

-awlabrador

2 Likes

Sounds good to me. I’ve been retired for a good while, with enough in cash (in an IRA) that I don’t have to sell, but I’m still learning to splurge.

3 Likes