StoreDot:100 miles of charging in just 5 minutes

StoreDot, an Israel-based electric vehicle battery startup, says it will deliver battery cells that will be able to achieve a charge of 100 miles of range in just five minutes. The company says that those battery cells will be ready for mass production in 2024 and that it will be able to manufacture cells that can achieve 100 miles of range in just three minutes by 2028.

Pretty amazing if it happens. They plan a 4680 cell among other types

https://electrek.co/2022/03/02/storedot-says-that-by-2024-itā€¦

Goodā€¦but how many people pull into a gas station and buy only 100 miles of gas? 4 gallons? 2 gallons in a Prius?

Folks on trips want 300 miles in 10-15 minutes. Or more miles.

Until the 500 mile battery and 15 min charge to 300 miles is aroundā€¦

EVs will be limited to around town use.

I chuckled at Bidenā€™s plan. there are places in TX where it is 100 miles between towns on the INTERSTATE - those of course, have a gas station or two. Nothing else along the way. Zero. Maybe one or two exits in 100 miles for ā€˜ranch roadsā€™ that likely go another 25 miles to a private ranch.

Theyā€™re going to have to build power lines to nowhere, but in an exit off the interstate, find some land, build an EV charge placeā€¦and likely have to pay a premium for the help to maintain it. If they can get it. geeā€¦only 50 miles to work every day - each way. Good luck on that. Otherwise, that EV station will turn into a garbage dump - homeless camp - and worseā€¦

Lots of other places like that in MT, WY, ND - along the main routesā€¦70 -80 - 100 miles between towns.

A 100 mile charge in 3 minutes is great but it barely will get you to the next town - or not. If itā€™s 30 below - probably not. or fresh snow - or blizzard blowing snowā€¦

t.

telegraph writesā€¦

Well, it doesnā€™t actually matter. As always, all wrong all the time.

Iā€™ve been on many long trips in my Model S and in my Model 3, some across places like Arizona, Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming with long miles of nothing. They work fine. When taking a long trip I wouldnā€™t even consider anything but a Tesla any more. The problems imagined by those who drive ICE vehicles are all in their imagination. And you can take your Tesla all over Texas without any problem finding convenient charging (https://www.tesla.com/findus?v=2&bounds=36.3661287897390ā€¦).

Of course, Iā€™m writing from personal experience, while telegraph is writing from fear and ignorance. I guess we all have to choose what kind of source to believe.

-IGU-

4 Likes

thanks for your map. It proves the point.

Start at Alamogordo, NMā€¦No charger there - head to Carlsbad NMā€¦no charger there - then head east to FT off the interstate on major secondary roads. . not a single charger in 500 miles without a detour 50 miles out of your way for a charger.

Better stick to interstates in TX. Very sparse along the secondary roads and the BEVs that get 250 or 200 miles are toast in rural TX traveling.

t.

1 Like

telegraph continues to prove the virtues of fear and ignorance.

The map I provided is useful to show the existence of Tesla-specific chargers. It is not useful for the purpose you put it to: proving the non-existence of useful chargers. Try a site like PlugShare for that (https://www.plugshare.com).

Lots of places to charge in Alamogordo, NM. This one is free and available 24/7: https://www.plugshare.com/location/246048. Carlsbad looks good as well: https://www.plugshare.com/location/329436.

Perhaps you would do better to not post about things you know nothing about. But, of course, then you would almost never post.

Driving a Tesla on long trips works just fine. About the only thing it does not as well as an ICE vehicle is doing long runs in minimum time with no rest stops. Everything else is better. And I always arrive feeling reasonably rested as the Teslaā€™s driver assist features mean I donā€™t have to maintain the same level of alertness on the highway.

-IGU-

heh heh - you provided the map of Super Chargersā€¦rest are probably hours long chargers like at motel where it takes 4 hours to get some miles.

IGU:ā€œDriving a Tesla on long trips works just fine. About the only thing it does not as well as an ICE vehicle is doing long runs in minimum time with no rest stops. Everything else is better. And I always arrive feeling reasonably rested as the Teslaā€™s driver assist features mean I donā€™t have to maintain the same level of alertness on the highway.ā€

Like driving straight into a stalled truck (one with a long bed and no trailer on it) at 70 mph? A couple instances like that and ā€˜no warningā€™ if you are not paying attentionā€¦

or into police vehicle stopped to offer assistanceā€¦?

Rest of cars will get same features sooner or later. Plus thatā€™s another $10,000 these days, right?

Yeah, if you got time, you can spend it at slower chargersā€¦on long trips.

EVs coming but not for a couple years in rural areas.

There are more and more Teslas around here in suburbiaā€¦ even come in colors now other than chalky white - see blue ones.

t

telegraph: Fear and ignorance. Doesnā€™t learn. Everything wrong all the time. Every time you write ā€œprobablyā€ it actually means ā€œI have no idea but Iā€™m going to spout off anywayā€.

-IGU-

3 Likes