SWKS

I opened a position in SWKS today. Plan to hold until AAPL earnings report in late January.
I seem to remember SWKS doing really well when a new number for Iphone gets released and up until the first AAPL earnings report after the release. We will see…

1 Like

I have had a position in SWKS for many months now.
Many folks on this board became disillusioned with the company awhile back, but I held onto my shares primarily because the company expected that the 2d half of this year would be much better than the first half, and I thought it was worth giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I must admit that recently I had my doubts that I was doing the right thing by holding on, but I am feeling better about it today (obviously!), and will likely hang on until at least the end of the year, barring something crazy happening.

3 Likes

I have had a position in SWKS for many months now.
Many folks on this board became disillusioned with the company awhile back, but I held onto my shares primarily because the company expected that the 2d half of this year would be much better than the first half, and I thought it was worth giving them the benefit of the doubt.

az5speedy - Ditto. It’s nice to be lucky! I just remember the then CEO sounding so sure of the better second half like the orders were already being worked and just weren’t showing up in the financial metrics yet. I’m hoping BOFI and PN also bring in the luck.

SEDG - I’m one day too early back into that one and counting… but something keeps me hunting for the right solar rebound.

I’ve been in SWKS for about a year, adding at various times, I agree with you, I wanted to stay in because management kept saying the second half was going to get better.

That started to come into question after the last call when management tempered those expectations.

They have recently been the beneficiary of Apple’s current good fortune and increased outlook. So possibly by no doing of their own, management at SWKS may look better than they actually are. Because no matter how much people say they’re diversifying away from Apple, the stock still doesn’t behave that way (same with GPRO and AMBA).

I’m OK with this, sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good!

Ditto. It’s nice to be lucky!

Management has said the 2nd half of the year will be better. SWKS has fallen in concert with APPL in terms of its share price. It should ride the wave back up along with APPL too.

APPL has been at peak negativity post 7:1 stock split. That has taken SWKS down with it. I’m not saying APPL will have a blowout quarter, but I think it will be better than Wall Street expects which will help SWKS short term.

The long term questions around Skyworks still remain. Is what they package as a systems solution for smartphones truly that valuable they can’t be replaced? Some would say Samsung phones in the US without SWKS products would prove otherwise. I don’t know.

It is nice to see the stock price rising recently. I own Apple as well so it is doubly nice. My allocation to both of them is too high. Apple I’m not concerned about, but my timing in SWKS could have been a lot better and my conviction has waned somewhat. A nice recovery will give me the opportunity to trim that position. I haven’t been able to do it as I think they are undervalued at current prices, but what do I know.

Take care all,
A.J.

2 Likes

I caught some of “Fast Money” on my drive home today, and one of the regular commentators was talking about Apple’s recent price movement and actually suggested that a better way to play Apple is thru some of its suppliers.
He specifically mentioned SWKS (bless his heart)not only because of its involvement with AAPl, but also as a play on the recently underperforming chip sector.
Whether that helps juice the continued climb remains to be seen.

3 Likes

For long term investment entry’s, I like to see a certain technical setup –
Weekly timeframe
MACD > Zero

SWKS has a buy signal as of this week.
http://tinyurl.com/jgg8f2v

5 Likes