Earnings Season so far

That’s three of my stocks that have reported: SWKS, INBK and POL. All good so far. I hope it continues.

Saul

2 Likes

Apple kicked some serious numbers!

Robert

3 Likes

Robert,

For the size of the company it kicked what small/mid caps would love to report. YoY revenue growth of 29.5%, earnings growth of 50% aided by share buy backs. Apple’s guiding for 20% YoY growth. Cash per share is sitting around $25, increasing even after dividends and buy backs. Apparently, a small portion of the user base has upgraded so far, so they are certainly not done selling the iPhone.

Watch out for the watch. I suspect more’s to come in the Apple pay front.

Spectacular quarter.

Anirban.

2 Likes

Anirban

This was my pick for new money but why jinx the earnings report. For those who didn’t buy the market will give another chance. It always does.

Robert

1 Like

That’s three of my stocks that have reported: SWKS, INBK and POL. All good so far. I hope it continues.

That’s four of my stocks that have reported: SWKS, INBK, POL and FB. All good so far. No catastrophes. I hope it continues.

Saul

CELG, BOFI, and SYNA report tomorrow. CELG should be on track as they just presented (and provided updated forecasts) at the healthcare conference in San Francisco.

And Bofi should be okay because they always are.

That’s four of my stocks that have reported: SWKS, INBK, POL and FB. All good so far. No catastrophes. I hope it continues.

That’s six of my stocks that have reported: SWKS, INBK, POL, FB, CELG and BOFI. All good so far. No catastrophes. I hope it continues.
Saul

1 Like

That’s six of my stocks that have reported: SWKS, INBK, POL, FB, CELG and BOFI. All good so far. No catastrophes. I hope it continues.

Now that’s seven of my stocks that have reported: SWKS, INBK, POL, FB, CELG and BOFI. All good so far. No catastrophes. And SYNA Just blew it away! I hope it continues.

P.S. I’m afraid to quit posting these and jinxing myself.

And, by the way, if all the stocks I’m holding keep doing well, should I REALLY care so much about the ones I’ve sold? Really!

Saul

2 Likes

Saul,

I’ll bet I’m not the only one who has significant positions of the same 6 stocks. And the reason for me, anyway, is simply through your leadership in sharing a disciplined approach to analyzing each of these remarkable companies. And when the other really smart analysts on this board share concurring viewpoints, well, in my mind it is seriously time to consider buying.

And of course, walloping the S&P 500 is definitely a highlight for me.

My personal thanks to you and all you other brilliant minds that have a profound influence on my portfolio and more importantly, teaching us all a very powerful investment style.

Jim

3 Likes

Now that’s eight that have reported: SWKS, INBK, POL, FB, CELG and BOFI. All good. No catastrophes. Then SYNA blew it away! And now AMAVF came through. I hope it continues.

P.S. I’m afraid to quit posting these and jinxing myself.

Saul

2 Likes

Here are the eight stocks that have reported, the earnings for the fourth quarter this year and last, and the percent increase. Arcam didn’t give earnings per share for the quarter so I used net income.

BOFI – 126/91 = 38.5%
CELG – 101/75.5 = 33.8%
FB - ---- 54/31 = 74.2%
INBK - - 32/19 = 68.4%
POL - - - 36/26 = 38.5%
SWKS – 126/67 = 88.1%
SYNA – 146/86 = 69.8%
AMAVF - 15.0/7.6 = 97.4%

Average gain in earnings = 63.6%

Nice quarter. They should all be like that.

Saul

3 Likes

Thanks for doing this Saul. You are helping so many of us. Our well wishes will overcome any negative effects that your postings may bring to your portfolio :).

1 Like

Thanks Chandra for your kind words.

Saul

Here are the nine stocks of mine that have reported so far, with their earnings for the fourth quarter this year and last, and the percent increase.

BOFI – 126/91 = 38.5%
CELG – 101/75.5 = 33.8%
FB - ---- 54/31 = 74.2%
INBK - - 32/19 = 68.4%
POL - - - 36/26 = 38.5%
SWKS – 126/67 = 88.1%
SYNA – 146/86 = 69.8%
AMAVF - 15.0/7.6 = 97.4%
SKX ----- 57/28 = 103.6%

Average gain in earnings = 70.0%

Nice quarter so far. They should all be like this!!!

Saul

4 Likes

Wow…those are incredible earnings gain, Saul.

Congratulations and thank you for leading a lot of us into some amazing companies!

While the S&P has stagnated since the beginning of the year, I am up 6.75%. Not a bad start for the year.

Jim

2 Likes

Well done Jim. I’m up 8.3% at present but the difference between the two results is negligible. At any rate, a lot better than last year!
Saul

Saul and Friends,

Me too! Me too! I am up 5.6% on total portfolio thus far in the year. I was down a couple percentage points along the path of the first six weeks and before the quarterly earnings started into full-swing.

Thanks,
KLVanLiew

Here are the eleven stocks of mine that have reported so far, with their earnings for the fourth quarter this year and last, and the percent increase.

BOFI – 126/91 = 38.5%
CELG – 101/75.5 = 33.8%
FB - ---- 54/31 = 74.2%
INBK - - 32/19 = 68.4%
POL - - - 36/26 = 38.5%
SWKS – 126/67 = 88.1%
SYNA – 146/86 = 69.8%
AMAVF - 15.0/7.6 = 97.4%
SKX ----- 57/28 = 103.6%
CRTO — 37/13 = 184.6%
WAB ---- 95/79 = 20.3%

Average gain in earnings = 75.9%

Average gain in earnings (removing biggest and smallest outliers) = 70.0%

This has really been a heck of a good quarter!!!

Saul

For FAQ’s and Knowledgebase
please go to Post #5584

3 Likes

Here are the twelve stocks of mine that have reported so far, with their earnings for the fourth quarter this year and last, and the percent increase. XPO, which just reported, is up so much that I don’t know what metric to use. I will just eliminate it as an outlier, along with CRTO, as they would boost the percentages unrealistically.

BOFI – 126/91 = 38.5%
CELG – 101/75.5 = 33.8%
FB - ---- 54/31 = 74.2%
INBK - - 32/19 = 68.4%
POL - - - 36/26 = 38.5%
SWKS – 126/67 = 88.1%
SYNA – 146/86 = 69.8%
AMAVF - 15.0/7.6 = 97.4%
SKX ----- 57/28 = 103.6%
CRTO — 37/13 = 184.6%
WAB ---- 95/79 = 20.3%
XPO ---- ??/?? = >200%

Average gain in earnings (removing my two biggest and one smallest smallest outliers) = 70.0%

This has really been a heck of a good quarter!!!

Saul

6 Likes