Thunderbird email problem

We can receive but not send. Get this message:

Sending of the email failed.

An error occurred while sending mail: Outgoing server (SMPT) error. The server responded : impout007.msg.chrl.nc.charter.net cmsmpt47.132.153.164 blocked. Please see https.www.spectrum.net/support/internet/understanding-email-… for more information. AUP#Out-1130Sending of email failed.

Talking to Spectrum is a waste of time because we can send using their email. The person I talked to did make an effort to go through Thunderbird but still no luck. We have since found out at least two other local people are having the same problem although they don’t use Thunderbird.

sorry have to reboot

Back again. The only thing I have to add is that two other people are having the same problem. One is on Microsoft. I don’t know about the other one.

Is the another email program where you can actually talk to someone to resolve these issues?

Ed

From what you have said, it seems likely that the problem is with your mail host, not Thunderbird.

My guess is they let the certificate on one of their mail servers expire and it’ll magically fix itself and you won’t hear any more about it. That hostname and IP doesn’t appear to be specifically blocked as being malicious. Hopefully they get it fixed soon. I’m guessing their webmail routes mail differently than 3rd party clients. It may be worth looking for alternate IMAP and SMTP configurations for their mail server(s) to point Thunderbird to.

Phaz

Thunderbirds are go!

sorry had to.

Talking to Spectrum is a waste of time because we can send using their email. The person I talked to did make an effort to go through Thunderbird but still no luck. We have since found out at least two other local people are having the same problem although they don’t use Thunderbird.

This is not a Thunderbird problem. It’s a problem with a mailserver, and the only thing YOU can do about it is stop using that mailserver - which does not require replacing Thunderbird with another program; in fact, that in itself would not help. (Configuring the new program to use some other mailserver instead, would help - exactly the same way that adjusting the configuration of Thunderbird in the same way would.)

Since the mailserver you’re having trouble with is at charter.net (the last two parts of its name), I tried bringing up their website and was redirected to spectrum.net. This implies to me that Spectrum bought out Charter. I speculate - note SPECULATE - that Spectrum MAY BE trying to phase out the “charter” name and get you to move over to spectrum.net instead. Whether this will go so far as to make you change your email address…

1 Like

Agreed

How would I change my mail server? We do not have any option for internet other than Spectrum. They have owned Charter for a couple years at least and have not asked that I change my email address.
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Ed

It’s working again and the program directory on the TV is all “To Be Announced” As soon as I saw that the program directory on the TV had changed I was certain that the email problem was gone. So just as we all suspected Spectrum needed to reset something or whatever and they finally wised up.

Thanks again for your replies.

Ed

2 Likes