'Tis done

May I modestly suggest that the era of Gamestop meme stocks - NFTs - Crypto - SaaS stocks is over? Valuations are back in style. Some lowercase fools haven’t realized yet but they will when they part from their money.

Just a feeling, not provable yet. More likely if the Fed shows some backbone and does raise rates to combat inflation.

Netflix is down 20%+ in a day. Can Tesla be far behind? :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Talking heads on tv certainly agree – at least for now.

Groups of investors buying up the stock of weak companies and telling stories of new earnings opportunities still works. Price movement gets attention. People will buy because it becomes a momentum stock.

Out of style given nervous market behavior, but still very possible in normal times.

1 Like

Netflix is down 20%+ in a day. Can Tesla be far behind?

…wow, it’s almost as though you’re enjoying the fact that NFLX fell and hoping for the same for TSLA…

…I’ve been investing for 30+ years and have never wished pain on others…

…I accept that there are folks who like value, some play momentum, some short, some long, some who stuff it all in index funds, but I’ve never enjoyed others losing money…

…even when shorts lose money on stocks I own long, I only wish they’d cover and join the long side…

…bad juju when you wish financial pain on others…

…karma knows where you sleep…

5 Likes

wow, it’s almost as though you’re enjoying the fact that NFLX fell and hoping for the same for TSLA…

…I’ve been investing for 30+ years and have never wished pain on others…

…I accept that there are folks who like value, some play momentum, some short, some long, some who stuff it all in index funds, but I’ve never enjoyed others losing money…

…even when shorts lose money on stocks I own long, I only wish they’d cover and join the long side…

…bad juju when you wish financial pain on others…

…karma knows where you sleep

This is one of the funniest posts I have seen.
It is schadenfreude to say that Tesla’s valuation should come back to reality?
People who hold Tesla have to know that it has a sky-high valuation, that that is a risk they are taking.

If they enjoyed the stratosphere ride up, is that bad juju karma whatever because the poor non-Tesla holders did not get those returns? Or does that only work in one direction?

Plus, think of the good karma I will accumulate from the thanks of those who want to buy Tesla at a reasonable price.

7 Likes

Plus, think of the good karma I will accumulate from the thanks of those who want to buy Tesla at a reasonable price.

Don’t you think in order to get thanks you need to tell people what a reasonable price is? I mean you can’t take credit for doing a half ass job can you? :slight_smile:

Andy

2 Likes

Tesla has plans to increase production with two new plans coming on line. At current share prices tripling earnings would bring PE down to a reasonable 32 based on the earnings reported last quarter.

The risk is can he successfully manufacture and sell all those cars. If yes, current price correctly anticipates expected growth. If glitches happen along the way, anything is possible.

That is quite different from Netflix which just announced that new subscription rates are less than expected. Some believe this means part of their success was due to people staying home for Covid. I don’t think that concern applies to Tesla.

1 Like

…wow, it’s almost as though you’re enjoying the fact that NFLX fell and hoping for the same for TSLA…

In agree that expecting TSLA to do a sequel to NFLX does not make much sense but wishing TSLA to go down is not necessarily ‘wishing financial pain on others.’ TSLA is my largest position and I’m hoping it will drop more, here is the logic:

I have two TSLA positions, one is strictly LTBH which I just hold and add to when I have sufficient cash to do so. The other TSLA position, much smaller, is for trading the insane TSLA volatility. Pre-market TSLA was down to $917. Below $900 is buy for me. If Wednesday’s earnings send the stock to the moon it will be profit talking time. If it keeps going down, just sit tight until it goes up again. That’s what conviction means.

Denny Schlesinger

2 Likes

It is schadenfreude to say that Tesla’s valuation should come back to reality?

While I disagree with your TSLA valuation your post still deserves a REC!

Denny Schlesinger

2 Likes