TMDX News

Tweet from Jacob Niall Schroder (Director, Heart Transplantation Program, Co-director CTICU, Duke University Medical Center). Tweet published 3 hours ago.

“In 10 months US #DCDHeart trial finished enrolling 90 successful DCD transplants. Standard of care control arm lagging behind with approx 70 HTx… Doesn’t that say it all? @DukeHeartCenter leading the way with 34 DCDs!!! Expand Donor Pool, Expand. #DonateLife

My comments:

• This does not name TMDX, but it is in reference to their DCD trial. They are the only one doing anything like this for DCD donors.
  • This trial is separate from the recently delayed FDA review for “DBD” heart donors.
  • The fact that they could complete all 90 DBD donated hearts at the same time only 70 were completed in the control group highlights the incredible opportunity for TMDX. It’s a demonstration of the general lack of organs from DBD donors.
  • “DCD” is the trial that has FDA “Breakthrough Designation” and will get expedited FDA review once all the data is complete.

When the leading surgeon or the leading transplant center tweets positive comments about the results = positive development. He knows patients are doing well on the DCD hearts. Unofficial, but highly encouraging.

11 Likes

“- The fact that they could complete all 90 DBD donated hearts at the same time only 70 were completed in the control group highlights the incredible opportunity for TMDX. It’s a demonstration of the general lack of organs from DBD donors.”

Mistake in that sentence - it should read…

“The fact that they could complete all 90 DCD donated hearts at the same time only 70 were completed in the control group highlights the incredible opportunity for TMDX. It’s a demonstration of the general lack of organs from DBD donors.”

#AlphabetSoupCrime

1 Like

Oooof.

Commenting on clinical trials before information is made public is a bad look. Schroder doesn’t have anything significant from Transmedix in the open payments database, and I’m not sure of his stock holdings, but either way he should know better.

Reassuring? I suppose.

As far as Transmedix growth during COVID, I think it’s going to be slower than usual, particularly since transplant teams want a covid test (which at my shop sometimes takes 2-3 days still and I’m in the ICU!) … Regardless, a slow rollout due to covid might minimizes the risk and stretches out the window over which returns may be gained (ie, slower return rates).

3 Likes