Trimming, adding, and learning

I’ve been reducing the number stocks I own. I went from 63 to 24 recently.

I’m 40% in cash and want to reduce cash to 25% at most.

I’m adding to these:

Ticker % of Portfolio
ANET	0.45%
AYX	2.87%
IQ	3.74%
MDB	2.95%
NTNX	2.63%
OKTA	2.93%
PVTL	2.96%
SQ	0.50%
TTD	2.70%
TWLO	2.57%	

Still have these, and it’s getting harder and harder to let them go.

ABMD	1.38%
AMZN	4.03%
BIDU	2.62%
BOFI	0.61%
EA	2.94%
FB	2.56%
GOOGL	2.76%
ISRG	2.88%
MELI	0.85%
NFLX	2.55%
PRLB	0.84%
SHOP	4.03%
TEAM	0.54%
TTWO	4.79%
UBNT	0.56%
Z	0.49%

My plan is learn more about the companies that I’m adding to, and actually do my own due diligence (finally). I’m sure I’ll have some questions about things.

Thanks for any feedback, Randy

5 Likes

Still have these, and it’s getting harder and harder to let them go.

ABMD 1.38%
AMZN 4.03%
BIDU 2.62%
BOFI 0.61%
EA 2.94%
FB 2.56%
GOOGL 2.76%
ISRG 2.88%
MELI 0.85%
NFLX 2.55%
PRLB 0.84%
SHOP 4.03%
TEAM 0.54%
TTWO 4.79%
UBNT 0.56%
Z 0.49%

That’s a great group with good coverage by Fool portfolios on most of them.
21st. century movers & shakers…

JT

6 Likes

I am no expert. Did what you plan to do. Those are all stocks recommend by MF and some might be going up as much as your “chosen ones”. Might be prudent to treat them like your “cash reserves” and just sell of the ones in red or lowest greens as you need cash. To need cash you will have to study your “chosen ones” enough to know when to buy more. Otherwise I would leave those “not chosen ones alone”.

Don’t get me wrong but my guess is your “chosen ones” are based on postings and end-of-the- month portfolio posts in this group. I guess . . . maybe . . . ahem. . . cough cough . . . I am guilty of that too.

2 Likes

"Might be prudent to treat them like your “cash reserves” and just sell of the ones in red or lowest greens as you need cash. "

“Don’t get me wrong but my guess is your “chosen ones” are based on postings and end-of-the- month portfolio posts in this group. I guess . . . maybe . . . ahem. . . cough cough . . . I am guilty of that too.”

Cough, cough. Yup. But i had positions in 80% of the saul stocks before I knew about this board. I like that idea of a cash reserve for now. Thanks. I’ve sold many prior to getting it to where it is. Some I’d forgotten even what they did. I’ll just focus my learnings on the keepers. It’s all about getting better at this, and not just buying whatever TMF recommends.

Randy

2 Likes