Updates on top of updates

As of this moment, only one site had the information, AccelerateYourMac, so the others will catch up soon…

macOS 14.1.1 Update (bug and security fixes)
Info from what’s new in the updates for macOS Sonoma for version 14.1.1:
“Provides important bug fixes and security updates and is recommended for all users.”
Apple’s security releases page says “This update has no published CVE entries”.
(You can check feedback in Apple’s macOS Sonoma discussion forum.)
macOS Ventura 13.6.2 Update (security fixes)
Apple’s security releases page says “This update has no published CVE entries”.
and lists it for “MacBook Pro (2021 and later) and iMac (2023)”.
Info from what’s new in macOS Ventura for version 13.6.2:
“This update provides important security fixes and is recommended for all users.”
Also what’s new for enterprise in macOS Ventura for version 13.6.2:

“MacBook Pro 14” and 16" computers with Apple silicon no longer start up to a black screen or circled exclamation point after the built-in display’s default refresh rate is changed."
You can check feedback in Apple’s macOS Ventura discussion forum.

(This update did not appear on a (2020) M1 mac Mini running macOS 13.6.1, but Safari 17.1 did appear again in software update. Safari 17.1 had been installed when originally released on Oct. 25th.
I assume it’s a newer build, but didn’t note the original Safari 17.1 install’s build number.)
iOS 17.1.1 and iPadOS 17.1.1 Updates
(Apple’s security releases page these updates have no published CVE entries.)

• In rare circumstances, Apple Pay and other NFC features may become unavailable on iPhone 15 models after wireless charging in certain cars.
  • Weather Lock Screen widget may not correctly display snow.
    (You can check feedback in Apple’s iPhone discussion forum.)

“Software version 17.1.1 addresses an issue where some HomePod speakers could respond slowly or fail to complete requests.”
Here’s Apple’s article on how to update HomePod.
(Our Tips page has a HomePod Apple Guides section.)
You can check for feedback in Apple’s HomePod forum.

Along with recent iOS & Mac OS updates… Today…

Here’s another!

And another!

And More!

• “Safari 17.2 for macOS Ventura and Monterey (security fixes)”
  • “macOS Sonoma 14.2 Update (includes 39 security fixes)”
  • “macOS Ventura 13.6.3 Update (17 security fixes)”
  • “macOS Monterey 12.7.2 Update (18 security fixes)”
  • “iOS 17.2 and iPadOS 17.2 Updates (includes 11 security fixes)”
  • “iOS 16.7.3 and iPadOS 16.7.3 Updates (includes security fixes)”
  • “watchOS 10.2 Update (includes 9 security fixes)”
  • “tvOS 17.2 Update (includes 8 security fixes)”
  • “HomePod Software Update 17.2”
2 Likes

And yet another!

1 Like

Time for me to upgrade (after another week or so). I always skip the first x.y release.

1 Like

And some more popped up as well…

• “macOS Sonoma 14.2.1 Update (bug and security fixes)”
  • “Safari 17.2.1 for macOS Ventura and Monterey (bug and security fixes)”

And here we go again!

More info:

And to be safer…

And today, once again, multiple updates were released!

macOS Sonoma 14.3.1 Update
Apple’s Security Updates page says “This update has no published CVE entries”.
Info from what’s new in the updates for macOS Sonoma for version 14.3.1:.

"This update provides bug fixes for your Mac including:

• Encrypted email messages can be successfully decrypted using smart cards.

(You can check feedback in Apple’s macOS Sonoma discussion forum.)
iOS 17.3.1 and iPadOS 17.3.1 Updates
Apple’s Security Updates page says “This update has no published CVE entries”.

I am so far in the dust on this, I went to the Apple Store and saw a Mac mini, which might work with my 2011 monitor. In fact the ever helpful sales person told me that as long as my Mac is no later than 2012 (it isn’t) and not past High Sierra (it is) that I would be able to combine a Mac mini with my current monitor and be good.

Since a large part of my software is beginning to fail (incompatibility) I am thinking about it. Anybody have any experience with this? I hate to throw out a perfectly good monitor. I can still use it to write email and, uh, the occasional letter, but that’s about it.

Opinions?

While it still works, it may not be as good as some of the monitors today, even some of the cheaper ones. You might do your eyes a favor and just bite the bullet and get a new one. Or do what I do … buy the laptop version and just use the built-in display.

Not sure how old my 32" Dell monitor is, bought it at Costco, way back, but it went from my old 2012 Mac Pro to the Mac Mini M@ without a hitch at all…

I borrowed another, a 24" HP monitor, hooked it up on the old Mac Pro so I could see, use both to move into he Mac Mini… No problems either way…

And yes, coming from Mojave, I had some costly updates to catch up on after my move… Well worth it… I dropped back to PS Elements, rather than go full PS, but it’s fine for what I need…

There are scads of great 24" and above monitors available these days for $200 or less. Treat yourself and your eyes!

2 Likes