Vox: $TSLA . . . Would you buy an EV from this man? Tesla has competition for the first time. Bad time to have Bad Tweets

If you have followed the Musk Twitter saga carefully, you’re well aware of Musk’s penchant for saying and doing things you might find repellent. This month, for instance, he publicly mocked a fired employee for his disability. The only real surprise about that incident was that Musk ended up apologizing for it, calling it a “misunderstanding.” A few days later, Musk started tweeting his support for Jacob Chansley, the “QAnon Shaman” who participated in the January 6 riot and who is in jail after reaching a plea deal with federal prosecutors.

For starters, Tesla is no longer the only game in town when it comes to EVs. Plenty of automakers now compete in the market, and they seem to be making headway. A year ago, for instance, 17 percent of potential EV buyers told surveyors at YouGov that their first choice was a Tesla — more than any other brand. Now that number has dropped to 9 percent, outpaced by both Toyota and BMW.

That sentiment seems to be turning up in actual sales, too. Tesla’s US market share declined to 58 percent in the fourth quarter of 2022, down from 78 percent a year earlier.

3 Likes

**Tesla’s net favorability score is now negative. (I confirmed this Monday night with a gathering of 15 Liberals, every man and woman in a circle of chairs told why they detested Musk as much as Trump,) Bannon, Boebert, etc. Also, and I found this interesting as all: out of 15 people, I was the only one still on Twitter watching it fade away and blocking Musk Fluffers:

4 Likes