What a week we just had!

What a week we just had! And it was a week in which the averages were down, in fact down four days in a row, as someone pointed out worriedly. Our stock performance was beyond all expectation. In case you lost sight of the trees for worrying about the forest, here’s how we did:

Talend — up 17.4%
Twilio — up 11.4%
Arista — up 10.4%
Alteryx — up 9.7%
Nutanix — up 9.2%
Hubspot — up 5.1%
Okta — up 2.7%
Square — up 2.7%
Shopify — down 0.4%
Pure — down 1.5%
Nvidia — down 3.8%

They averaged up 5.7%, even with three that were minimally down for the week. That’s in a week, remember, not in a month, and in a week when the averages were down, and when our dangerous overpriced stocks are supposed to fall far more than the market. That’ll teach us not to invest in those overpriced stocks! :grinning:

Saul

For Knowledgebase for this board,
please go to Post #17774, 17775 and 17776.
We had to post it in three parts this time.

A link to the Knowledgebase is also at the top of the Announcements column
that is on the right side of every page on this board

21 Likes

By the way, it wasn’t just a one week phenomenon. Alteryx, for instance was up 43.4% in the last three weeks. Twilio was up 36.7% in those three weeks, and Nutanix was up 23.0%. Pure and Shopify, which were down slightly last week, were just taking a rest, as Pure was up 12.7% and Shopify was up 14.6% in the two weeks before. Etc

Best,

Saul

4 Likes

Re: “By the way, it wasn’t just a one week phenomenon. Alteryx, for instance was up 43.4% in the last three weeks. Twilio was up 36.7% in those three weeks, and Nutanix was up 23.0%. Pure and Shopify, which were down slightly last week, were just taking a rest, as Pure was up 12.7% and Shopify was up 14.6% in the two weeks before. Etc

Hi Saul,

I just discovered your board last week as someone recommended I ask you about a stock I was evaluating (BTW, thank you for your reply re that one!) Soon after scanning a number of your posts I decided to invest a little in NKTR as they were the only one experiencing a small pullback… DOH!!! I then read that your had removed NKTR from your portfolio. Hmm, after waiting for the funds to clear, and being forced to suffer a fantastic earnings report on Thursday, I’m up only 20% on NKTR in “one week”! LOL, even your seconds have performed quite well!!! FYI, I also took the opportunity last week to begin starter positions in OKTA, AYX, TWLO, SQ and TLND (plus extending my position on SHOP)… My way of starting a watch list; unfortunately I didn’t pick up the rest (but I’m watching those too '-)

Take care,

VR_Robear
FYI, my biggest positions are: ALGN, FB, NVDA, SHOP and IPGP. Sadly, some haven’t performed that well since Trump’s Tariffs were announced.

2 Likes

I just discovered your board last week as someone recommended I ask you about a stock I was evaluating

Hi Robear, welcome to the board, and I’m glad you are doing well. Please don’t expect our stocks to go up 20% every week though. :grinning: It just doesn’t work like that.
Best,
Saul

3 Likes