When Freedom Gets Unpopular

The Canadian trucker convoy is an unpopular uprising
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/22926134/canada-truc…

Apparently when your “freedom” starts encroaching on too many other people’s freedom to make a living it gets very unpopular.

intercst

11 Likes

Apparently when your “freedom” starts encroaching on too many other people’s freedom to make a living it gets very unpopular.

That is how this democracy thing is supposed to work: 30% doesn’t give orders to the other 70%.

Steve

5 Likes

I say the democracies in North American and Europe be very light handed. Protest is cool.

But I mostly say companies doing trade across the bridge need to sue the truckers for damages.

That includes the unions suing for damages as well.

These protests could have been held somewhere else where no economic damage was done.

I am all for figuring out justice peacefully late.

1 Like

That is how this democracy thing is supposed to work: 30% doesn’t give orders to the other 70%.

The Bill of Rights was enacted to protect the 30% from the 70%. What do you do when The Bill of Rights is suspended?

The Captain
the sad answer is ‘Civil War’

3 Likes

captainccs misunderstands,

The Bill of Rights was enacted to protect the 30% from the 70%. What do you do when The Bill of Rights is suspended?

The Captain
the sad answer is ‘Civil War’

Freedom of political speech doesn’t give you the right to yell “fire” in a crowded movie theater. Nor does it allow you to blockade a major interstate highway or bridge and put 50,000 people out of a job.

You are free to organize a boycott on the purchase of products manufactured by employers that require their workers be vaccinated if that floats your boat.

intercst

27 Likes

The truckers were engaged in criminal mischief, not legitimate protest.

5 Likes

The truckers were engaged in criminal mischief, not legitimate protest.

The left used to like it when workers took to the streets. :slight_smile:

DB2

3 Likes