X-post: country risk

At the start of 2022, a Seeking Alpha author thought he had a great safe investment idea - Dynagas LNG (DLNG) Preferred shares.

https://discussion.fool.com/charter-partycountry-risk-35064026.a…

2 Likes

At the start of 2022, a Seeking Alpha author thought he had a great safe investment idea - Dynagas LNG (DLNG) Preferred shares.

Dynagas LNG Partners (DLNG) owns 6 LNG tankers, each with a multi-year charters. Unfortunately, three of the six charters are with Gazprom, and another two, Yamal LNG, in Russia …Ooops!!!

Assuming that Dynagas declares force majeure, would it be hard for them to find new business given the current state of the LNG market?

DB2

1 Like

Assuming that Dynagas declares force majeure, would it be hard for them to find new business given the current state of the LNG market?

DB2

A few of the vessels were purposely built for harsh environment conditions e.g. the two vessels chartered to Yamal LNG. I think those two vessels get a premium rate for operating in harsh conditions.

Sure, once those two vessels get their contract release, they might get medium-term charters. But, I seriously doubt the rate and/or the contract longevity would replace their existing contracts.

The preferred shares keep falling. @$10, I might be tempted to nibble.

Dynagas LNG Partners (DLNG) owns 6 LNG tankers, each with a multi-year charters. Unfortunately, three of the six charters are with Gazprom, and another two, Yamal LNG, in Russia …Ooops!!!

Thanks for the heads up. I bought 1000 shares of the preferred with a 15% yield, and the price is now up 25%.

DB2

1 Like