3rd quarter EARNINGS

Kinda asleep at the wheel here. Not that anyone gives a rat’s about earnings in this macro environment. Well, that isn’t true, either. Elevator has a “down” button, but for going up, you’re on your own. DW has a few shares of Zoominfo. They reported BMO and were immediately down, finished off 28% or so. 46% y-o-y revenue growth to $287 million with $86.7 million cash flow from operations (non-GAAP). 41% margin. Operating income +51$ y-o-y. But forecast only 4% revenue growth for sequential quarter. Immediate crush job and no reaction to the Fed speak. Already one of those automobile cubes.

But, some earnings dates:

TEAM 11/3
STEM 11/3 AMC
BILL 11/3
VERI 11/8
DOCS 11/10 AMC
ONDS 11/14
SNOW 11/30 AMC
CRWD 11/30
NCNO 1/30
S 12/6
BRZE 12/12

Sorry for incomplete data.

80% cash and wondering when/if SPG will get marked down again.

KC, celebrating being down only 1.3% on a down 7% tech day. FOMO

3 Likes

thanks KC…I blanked on tracking these.
I knew today/this week was key. Interested in TTD also.

But, yeah, macro seems to trump all ERs at this point. You still need to know how they are doing, so you know which ones to ride up, when the macro carnage abates.

thx,
Dreamer

MNDY 11/14, bmo
S (nothing yet, but based on Q2 ER, should be closer to 11/30 or 12/1)
TTD 11/9, bmo
UPST 11/8, amc
GLBE 11/16, amc

Dreamer

2 Likes

Hopefully a massive post-ER tank by GLBE later. Will see.

Still of interest for me coming up:

SNOW on 11/30 amc
CRWD on 11/30 amc
ZS on 12/1 amc
S looks like 12/6 amc

Depending on how CRWD starts things off, could be a pop or drop for security stocks in a couple weeks.

Dreamer

4 Likes

LifeOfDreamer

26m

I was not allowed to reply to the 3rd Q earnings thread, because you can’t be the last 3 replies or something???

Anyway. NVDA reports amc.

[Pete for Dreamer]

2 Likes

AUSTIN, Texas, November 02, 2022 --(BUSINESS WIRE)–CrowdStrike Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: CRWD), today announced that it will release financial results for its fiscal third quarter 2023 ended October 31, 2022 after the U.S. market close on Tuesday, November 29, 2022. CrowdStrike will host a conference call that day at 2:00 p.m. Pacific time (5:00 p.m. Eastern time) to discuss the results.

JT :flamingo:

2 Likes

pretty big week for Saul stocks and security

market feels dicey. Dec may be a heck of a thing.

Dreamer

2 Likes

No wonder the option premiums on CRWD are so juicy. My shares were called away at $139 on 26th. I sold puts expiring Friday at $122 and $124 strike prices. Normally do not dabble in options that expire after earnings, but those are pretty decent discounts (today). Friday could be another matter.

KC

1 Like

I’ve got a question that maybe you can answer but maybe not. (I’d ask Saul directly, but I’m not among the anointed.) When Saul says (as he just did) that he added to some of his stocks at what were “ridiculously low prices”, how does he determine whether a price is low or not? It’s history? Some ratio? Has he ever said how? Thanks.

Much lower than it was before? Much lower than he has bought at before?
Just a couple of guesses for you.

he chastised some schlup for wanting to buy DDOG at $135 when it was at $150. Of course it is about $70 now. I imagine he considers that “low” but who knows.

He has given back all of 2021 gains and most of 2020 gains at the moment.
By my public school math, he is around 50% higher than start of 2020, but that is down quite a bit from the 200%+ he was up at end of 2020.

But he just keeps pointing out how he did in 2017-2019 compared to S&P to justify why a 65% drawdown is no biggie.

Not sure he is the guy you want determining whether something is cheap or not, in a bear market, ya know? Picking a momentum stock in a bull market? Sure…he’s your guy.

hth,
Dreamer

4 Likes

SentinelOne…growth numbers seem good on face of it. Unsure on profitability path…may try to catch the ER call.

3 Likes