Sure. But when the best we can come up with is “I dunno, let’s bomb them some and see what happens.” maybe it would be better to do nothing.
-IGU-
Sure. But when the best we can come up with is “I dunno, let’s bomb them some and see what happens.” maybe it would be better to do nothing.
-IGU-
Better than “let’s nuke 'em.” Better than our troops on the ground.
Some guy wrote, about a century ago:
And the little screaming fact that sounds through all history: repression works only to strengthen and knit the repressed.
“The Grapes of Wrath”
And, same guy:
All war is a symptom of man’s failure as a thinking animal.
“Once There Was a War”
While I agree, in principle, I also think society has a right to protect itself.
IMO, the question becomes “Which society do you want to live under?”.
![]()
ralph
The society that ends wars, not the one that starts wars.
The Captain
When I read the first pages of The Grapes of Wrath I understood why the author became so famous.