A pair of interesting articles from my inbox

I was cleaning out my inbox this morning and came across two articles that I think have macro economic implications. The first is on AI. This winter, probably because people playing with some AI graphics software, social media has been flooded with images that people have specified but AI has created. At one FB page I visit, the volume grew so large and created IP questions that the mods banned all AI created content. And if you haven’t heard of ChatGPT, just google it. Unlike at my FB group, AI isn’t going away. In the future it will be revolutionary rather than evolutionary. The question of when that happens and what the costs and benefits will be is open to discussion. This article does that.

The other article is about democracy and democratic governance. It is full of data condensed into an animated graph and an animated map.

I wonder what else is in my inbox.

4 Likes

Democracy comes in many flavors.

I like to highlight the difference between the prologues of the Venezuelan and the American Constitutions.

The Congress of the Republic of Venezuela … blah, blah, blah … in the name of the people … blah, blah, blah …

The latest one decided to give ‘native’ people votes that count double. Funny thing, the states where this applies are pro government.

The Captain

3 Likes