AAPL Shareholder Information

As I bounce around, attempting to find, document my Cost basis for the two times I made purchases in the '90s, this info is likely the starting point… Was not sure Computershare was still active.

Whom should I contact with questions about my stock certificate(s)?

• Web:www.computershare.com/investor
  • Phone:
    • 877-360-5390 (U.S. toll-free)
    • +1-312-360-5399 (non-U.S.)
  • **Address:**Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
    150 Royall St., Suite 101
    Canton, MA 02021
1 Like

Ah, yes, the long lost PITA cost basis problem. But in your case, it’s so small compared to your capital gains that it barely makes a difference if you just assume it is zero! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently I have had a Computershare account in the past, I don’t recall, no notes, maybe lost when I lost an old email database, years ago… So I tried creating a new account, it went well until I tried logging in after allt he inputs, a couple questions included info I hadn’t given this time, but a couple others were way off, where None of the above was the right answer to me, but they didn’t like it, and closed me out, for now. A snail mail is on the way, I have to wait it out, go with that when the time comes… So a bit of delay… Not sure what I’ll see, hoefully, the actual purchase date, amount, costs… My current info is from old Excel files I used to keep, attemting to track several other shares in other accounts, now mostly skeared out, but I do had account, certificate info, so they should have the records…

Should have tracked them closer over the years, but… I know, as I vote the shares, what the current account amounts to, just like to see their history…

Tax season brings up these sort of questions… Wondering how much of a hit I’ll take is I peeled off any shares…

Rain again today! YAY!!

weco

Update: We did locate the original. shares, I’d copied the certificates, also the Dean Witter accounting of the purchases, so we’re able to pin down the purchase dates and prices for certain. Sent copies to our EJ account, and tucked the files away in an old style safety deposit box offsite… Solved!

fyi Google Sheets can get you closing price of a stock on any date you specify.