About that Covid…

Besides the fact that (around here at least) 95% of everyone has stopped wearing masks, or talking about it, or…

I’m wondering how it is or isn’t affecting the Russian military in their slow motion blitz across Ukraine. I would think that thousands of men, in close quarters, never once wearing masks, shouting orders, eating at common mess, would be a virus delight banquet - yet I hear nothing about it.

OK, the troops are mostly outside, but still… I’d think they’d be dropping like, well, Covid patients. Have you seen any reports or anything about it?

4 Likes

OK, the troops are mostly outside, but still… I’d think they’d be dropping like, well, Covid patients. Have you seen any reports or anything about it?

From the lack of data for them here I can’t help but suspect there are bigger issues for them to worry about? Everyone around them has balloons.

Tim

https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+in+ukraine%3F&rlz=…

I would think that thousands of men, in close quarters, never once wearing masks, shouting orders, eating at common mess, would be a virus delight banquet - yet I hear nothing about it. OK, the troops are mostly outside, but still… I’d think they’d be dropping like, well, Covid patients.

Maybe the military required them to be vaccinated.

On a related note, was there a Covid spike after the Super Bowl (70K maskless people indoors)?

DB2

I have been wondering about Covid also with all the close-packed bomb shelters and refugees.

Maybe the lack of reporting is because people are fleeing and fighting and not collecting in hospitals to provide data.

Wendy

Maybe the lack of reporting is because people are fleeing and fighting and not collecting in hospitals to provide data.

True, although it doesn’t explain the lack of ‘human interest’ stories about fleeing with grandma and grandpa who caught covid and looking for hospital ventilators in Poland.

DB2

Maybe they are dropping like COVID patients? What was the “drop rate” for males aged 18 to 40? Something like 1 out of 10,000 or so? So, if they have 100,000 troops, they should have lost 10 of them to COVID so far. Meanwhile they’ve lost 100’s or perhaps 1000’s to bombs and bullets.

2 Likes