AMAVF and 3D printing

Saul and other contributors to this great board,

Thank you for your insightful and candid analyses and discussions.

A while back you got out of AMAVF I believe essentially because of it’s high valuation, if I recall correctly. Since then, AMAVF and other 3D printing stocks (along with many other tech stocks of course) have taken a beating (AMAVF is off by about 50% since its stock split). So I’m interested to know at what point you would start to consider getting back into AMAVF and other 3D printing stocks or if there’s something else holding you back?

It appears the excitement over the industry has popped in part because many investors realized that 3D printing as a maintstream, profitable technology is still likely years away, so short-term investors have stepped back. But nothing fundamentally appears to have change in the industry or its overall prospects.

Thanks,
dstwhit

I’m interested to know at what point you would start to consider getting back into AMAVF and other 3D printing stocks or if there’s something else holding you back?

Hi DstWhit,

The stock prices certainly have taken a beating and I’m glad I got out of them. AMAVF is down from $50 to $22.50, which is a lot. However, their earnings last year were only about 15 US cents, as I remember, and although their prospects look awfully good, and airplane manufacturers are buying their machines, I look around at other opportunities, which are more secure, growing faster, and at lower PE ratios, so I don’t feel any urge to buy back in.

Sorry

Saul

3 Likes