Board Index

Hi Saul,

I noticed John Sergeant is offering to construct an index for board posts for any board that requests it. Not sure how it works but it sounds like it is a searchable index of posts so for example if someone wants to see all the posts that have been made on your board about EPAM or just posts made by you they could do that with this index.

If you think that might be useful or at least worth playing around with, contact John and request it. In addition to the FAQ page, that index seem like it would be really helpful if it works as described.

I played around with the index for the TSLA board. It’s a searchable Google spread sheet and it will allow user to search easily by author or date. Messages are grouped by first letter in the message so for example this post would show up in alphabetical order with other “B” posts. The downside is that any reply shows up under “R” for re: but it still would allow a searcher to find any posts for example on EPAM that start with that title.

You might check it out. I think as the board leader you must request it if you’re interested. Here’s a link to one of John’s announcements about the index:

http://discussion.fool.com/1081/indexes-to-the-boards-and-users-…

David

8 Likes

I noticed John Sergeant is offering to construct an index for board posts for any board that requests it. Not sure how it works but it sounds like it is a searchable index of posts so for example if someone wants to see all the posts that have been made on your board about EPAM or just posts made by you they could do that with this index.

If you think that might be useful or at least worth playing around with, contact John and request it. In addition to the FAQ page, that index seem like it would be really helpful if it works as described.

Thanks David,
I contacted John and he said for the moment they are just doing subscription services, but they’ll do this board as soon as they get to the public boards.
Saul

1 Like