CDC flu map: already nasty in some places

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/usmap.htm

It’s only October, but the flu season is already very nasty in Georgia, Texas, New York City, and Washington DC. Normally, it takes until January or February for things to get that bad. This supports the predictions of a nasty flu season.

I’m so glad that I got my flu shot, and I can’t believe that so many people never get theirs. It’s such a no-brainer. In my opinion, even “minor” symptoms are nasty. Fever, sneezing, runny nose, and stuffy nose are all terrible symptoms.

Given that many of the same factors that help flu viruses spread also help coronaviruses spread, this bodes poorly on the COVID-19 front. Given that flu season is already so nasty so early in some places, given that winter is coming, and given that case counts have been on the rise in Europe, I believe that it’s only a matter of time before there’s a new COVID surge here in the US. (Of course, you can argue that the summer COVID surge never really subsided that much.)

Given all this, I’ll probably be phasing out my modest restaurant food and junk food consumption in the days or weeks ahead.

2 Likes

People who read blogs know better… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Got my shot as well. It is a no brainer. I agree in full.

GA, I have Irish expats in the state. They voted today. Looked pretty happy with the stickers on their foreheads on FB. Interesting time for the state to be ravaged by the flu.

2 Likes