CELSIUS® Expands to Canada, United Kingdom and Ireland

“We’re pleased to grow CELSIUS in new markets and provide energy to more consumers in moments big and small to help them achieve their goals,” said John Fieldly, Celsius Holdings, Inc. Chairman and CEO. “Our methodical approach to international growth will follow our proven playbook with support from the best distribution partners for our brand in each new market we enter.”

CELSIUS has selected Suntory Beverage & Food Great Britain and Ireland as its exclusive sales and distribution partner in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and the Republic of Ireland. Sales of CELSIUS products in these regions will begin this year.

“With huge business growth over the past three years, and the continued strong performance of our brands, we are brilliantly placed to launch and grow CELSIUS,” said Carol Robert, Chief Operating Officer, Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I. "We are always exploring new ways to evolve our portfolio and offer even more choice of great tasting drinks to consume

Full Post:

CELSIUS® Expands to Canada, United Kingdom and Ireland (prnewswire.com)

50 Likes

Does anybody here drink Celsius? Does it stand out from other drinks by its flavors profile? :thinking:

3 Likes

I drank a can. I thought it tasted pretty good. As a point of reference, I think Red Bull is vile, nasty stuff. So, Celsius is substantially better, IMO. Why not drink more C? I already have quite a bit of caffeine from drinking Coke and I don’t want to add to it.

Disclosure: CELH is about 12.7% of my portfolio.

Rob
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

19 Likes

I don’t like the taste of Red Bull at all - never touch the stuff. Monster has an array of flavors - that to me is more a direct alternative. All these drinks have a certain edgy taste - not quite effervescence but something. CELH compares favorably with Monster in my book and for my dollar. Plus, it’s at Costco with a sizeable volume discount.

Vince

10 Likes

I tried one at the gym and couldn’t finish it. I was so disappointed I came home and sold the stock. (I bought it back a couple days later, because the numbers are what they are.)

It tastes like carbonated fruit juice mixed with something like diet tea. It doesn’t have that same industrial taste of Red Bull, but if you don’t like the chemical flavor of diet drinks, you won’t like Celsius.

9 Likes

I tried a few. I will bring them camping in lieu of coffee. I think they’re not bad. I prefer strong, black coffee on a day-to-day basis.

Our individual tastes and preferences are just that. You really need a panel of a few hundred people to get decent market research, but what I can tell you is that a lot of young people believe that Celsius is good for you. I think that positioning is better than Red Bull. Hopefully, there’s no health consequences.

12 Likes

I bought the stock first and then I tried Celsius and am now hooked as a substitute to some of my 3 cans daily of Coke Zero… my bad habit. Needless to say, I like the flavors and pick up a case every week at Costco. I have tried and like all the flavors especially the new Vibe series. I am a retired old guy who plays daily soccer with the young guys (20-40 years my junior). I sadly cannot report any improvement in my metabolism for a sports event. I still suck sometimes. But at least I am reducing the daily intake of Coke Zero aspartame, which is likely unhealthy. Of course with the Celsius, I am taking in sucralose. But the tradeoff and 10 calories are good.

I need to mention the marketing hype that Celsius creates. The can says in big letters “Essential Energy, Accelerates Metabolism, Burns Body Fat”. Wow! this is going to save my life. But in tiny, tiny print at the bottom, the can says "*CELSIUS helps the body’s metabolic function. CELSIUS does not alone produce weight loss in the absence of a healthy diet and moderate exercise. So, whether you walk then dog or work out in the gym, make CELSIUS part of your daily regimen".

It feels like one of those TV drug advertisements that tell you to take the cure, but then says it may not save you.

-zane

20 Likes

CELH just dropped a new flavor called Raspberry Peach and it’s already on Amazon.

In the past few weeks, we’ve gotten Raspberry Peach, Blue Razz Lemonade, Strawberry Watermelon (Galaxy Vibe) and several new flavors with the new Celsius Essentials product line.

This bodes well that the company can capture more shelf space. Coupled with continued strong sales via tracked Channels, I’m as bullish as ever.

14 Likes

And the stevia…
This discussion about the health benefits of energy-type drinks brings me back a number of years when I was reading that MNST energy drinks were being criticized because they had potential bad side effects. I almost didn’t invest. Glad I put those thoughts aside. Bottom line is to recognize the risk of a low probability/high impact potential outcome, but diversify enough and it won’t be an issue. if my portfolio was concentrated, I’m not sure that conclusion is appropriate.
Vince

8 Likes