CNN

Zelensky says he is going to “break the enemy completely”. Meanwhile a Russian Commander with the convoy says they are going to learn from these mistakes … er shortage of fuel and food is a mistake … who knew that?

If it wasn’t so serious the whole thing is starting to look like an episode of the old Keystone Cops cartoons.

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-putin-ne…

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has claimed the morale of Russian forces is crumbling.

… Zelensky said: “More and more occupiers are fleeing back to Russia, from us, from you, from all those who drive out the enemy with javelins, guns, tanks, helicopters - with everything that shoots. I wish you health, native Ukrainians, strong and kind, but not to the enemy!”
"We are a nation that broke the enemy’s plans in a week — plans those have been built for years, vile, calculated, with hate for our country, for our people, for any people who have 2 things: freedom and heart. But we stopped them and beat them."

Zelensky added, "Our military, our border guards, our territorial defense, even ordinary farmers capture the Russian military every day. And all the captives say only one thing: they do not know why they are here. Despite the fact that there are dozens of times more of them, the morale of the enemy is constantly deteriorating."

So young draftees with little training and poor leadership are wondering why they are there?

You know Zelensky may just pull this thing off? Too bad the Trump Tower Moscow never got built, Vlad might need a place to sleep when they toss him out of his palace?

Anymouse - eternal optimist. Put CNN in the Subject so no one would accidentally read the post.

20 Likes

If those Stingers pull of an air war superiority against Russia it is a won war by the Ukrainians. Proved that way against the Russians in Afghanistan.

The heart of the Russian strategy is to bomb Ukrainian cities into submission.

1 Like

. . . Vlad might need a place to sleep when they toss him out of his palace?

+++
+++

I thought THAT is why he bought that big-@ss Yatch!!

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Put…

sunrayman
Aviator, not a Mariner

1 Like

Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

. . . Vlad might need a place to sleep when they toss him out of his palace?

I thought THAT is why he bought that big-@ss Yatch!!

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Put…

sunrayman
Aviator, not a Mariner

Chuckle, one of my senior pilots used to tell the sailors “Just drive the boat and leave the ASW to us”.

1 Like

If those Stingers pull of an air war superiority against Russia it is a won war by the Ukrainians.

=============================================================

The Russian air force has not ben doing much flying and bombing. Must be because they are afraid of getting shot down.

Jaak

2 Likes

If those Stingers pull of an air war superiority against Russia it is a won war by the Ukrainians. Proved that way against the Russians in Afghanistan.

iirc, in Afghanistan, the Soviets were really dependent on helos for supply. Truck convoys had to deal with rugged terrain, and Mujahideen behind every rock, shooting at them. Ukraine doesn’t seem to have the really bad terrain, but there are bound to be, oh, 20-30M people looking to take a bite out of them.

Steve

The Russian air force has not ben doing much flying and bombing. Must be because they are afraid of getting shot down.

Jaak

During the Cold War Operational NATO Fighter pilots averaged ~200 to 250 flying hours a year to keep their skills up. Soviet pilots were lucky if they got a third of that. Flying airplanes costs money that can be better spent on a bigger boat or dacha for the leadership?

When the Soviet pilots did get into the air everything they did was totally canned. They had to follow the script they had rehearsed in the classroom exactly.

Old traditions die hard, I suspect little has changed?

Anymouse

4 Likes

The heart of the Russian strategy is to bomb Ukrainian cities into submission.

Mariupol under siege
www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60601235
Residents of the Ukrainian port city of Mariupol have told the BBC they are trying to survive a relentless barrage of Russian shelling that has smashed residential districts and cut off power and water supplies…

Russia’s defence ministry urged civilians on Thursday to evacuate the city by a humanitarian corridor, but residents said there had been no break in the shelling to allow people to move.

DB2

Yatch

sunrayman,

Anyone who does not know how to spell yacht is riding coach with me. LOL

Jaak

Hopefully, but I am hearing of some bombing. I agree it has not been fully fledged. Macron is saying the worst is yet to come. That statement is an international ploy if the Ukrainians can shoot down the planes and copters.

“The Russian air force has not ben doing much flying and bombing. Must be because they are afraid of getting shot down.”

I think that the Russians don´t want to destroy whole cities and kill a lot of innocent people.
It would be useless and they are afraid of the consequences.

The moment when Putin decided to defy the West and attack Ukraine, he knew what he was counting on.
I don´t think he cares about NATO, Biden or any other European head of state.

I would have bet everything I have that the Russians wouldn’t attack Ukraine. I didn’t see the point.

My heart is with the innocents who have already died and all those who had to leave their homes because of this senseless invasion.

When will the human beeing learn from the past tragedies of the history?

CV

I don´t think he cares about NATO, Biden or any other European head of state.

I would have bet everything I have that the Russians wouldn’t attack Ukraine. I didn’t see the point.

CV

Well you are two for two there. Putin only targets non-NATO countries … for good reason and Ukraine is a non-NATO country.

Both Finland and Sweden are reassessing their current neutral status.

If we could credit Putin with cleverness we would have to question why he wasn’t aware of how really … dare I say incompetent his military is? Once again they have to fall back on the tried and true massive weight of heavy guns, bombs and rockets targeted against civilian targets?

Anymouse