Current surge: third worst

Check out the graphs and figures at https://biobot.io/data/ .

For the USA as a whole, the latest wastewater viral load is above the peaks of all but two surges. The rankings:

1. 12-29-2021: 4544 copies/mL
  2. 04-02-2020: 928 copies/mL
  3. 06-01-2022: 824 copies/mL (latest)
  4. 01-06-2021: 812 copies/mL
  5. 09-01-2021: 755 copies/mL

What’s different now compared to the past surges is that people are behaving as if the pandemic were over. I’m not sure what it will take to end the current surge given that new variants are popping up even more frequently now than was the case in 2021 and 2020.

The authorities are just as clueless and wimpy as the parents, school principal, camp director, police, and other authority figures in those cheesy horror movies who deny the existence of Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers, and other killers in hiding. At least when people die in a stupid horror movie, I can take comfort in the fact that it’s no more real than Star Wars or Cinderella.

I’m due for a haircut soon, and I will be cutting my own hair, just as I did this past January and just as I did prior to May 2021 (when I became fully vaccinated).

Last year, I attended fireworks shows, a parade, and a county fair. I also returned to playing sports. Unless the wastewater viral load drops substantially, I won’t be going to such events this year.

I won’t be eating junk food anytime soon. So if you’re taking or placing bets on which of my old favorites will no longer taste good to me, it will be some time before I can provide any answers.

1 Like