De-nazification means

How is the Ukraine invasion being viewed in Russia?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/2/24/no-choice-but-to-in…

I’ve seen the word “de-nazification” several times now.

De-Nazification refers to the supposed presence of far-right and ultranationalist elements in Ukraine’s leadership.

Russia has its own OAN/FOX and Tucker.
TV pundit Vladimir Solovyov, a regular fixture on Russian screens and the radio, solemnly told his viewers this was an historic day.

Apparently, there is domestic Russian opposition, too. Navalny issued an opposition statement. There is a petition against the invasion.
As of time of writing, at least 86 journalists, reporters and media figures, mainly from independent outlets, as well as the BBC, had signed a petition condemning Russia’s operation in Ukraine.

And:

Meanwhile, more than a hundred municipal deputies from Moscow, St Petersburg, Samara, Ryazan and other cities have signed an open letter to the citizens of Russia, urging them not to take part or stay silent.

"We, the deputies elected by the people, unreservedly condemn the attack of the Russian army on Ukraine,” the letter reads. “This is an unparalleled atrocity for which there is and cannot be justification.”

The bolded wording is an awkward artifact of translation?

Will this internal dialog sway Putin? LOLOLOLOL

:alien:
ralph

2 Likes

The word I hear being used is “denationalization”, ie erase Ukraine as a nation, as well as “disarmament”.

Steve

:alien:
ralph

Swaying Vlad will take someone(s) within the Kremlin, banding together, and telling Vlad he’s jumped the shark with his latest. And STOP IT NOW.

Like maybe a couple of Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev*** adherents. Haven’t read of inner workings of the Kremlin, so no idea if such a group is possible.

In North Korea? Wouldn’t work. A similar attempt would likely end with the leader(s) being executed Kim style, with an anti-aircraft gun.

(***Gorby, aged 91 years, is still around. I wonder if he has any contact with the Ruskie inner sanctum?)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Gorbachev

1 Like

The bolded wording is an awkward artifact of translation?

==========================================================

Russian leaders have called the Ukraine as pro-Nazi and anti-Russia since WWII. Of course it is not true. The Ukrainians just wanted independence from Russia like the Baltic countries and other countries in Eastern Europe.

Yes this internal dialog is a worry to Putin because he can not afford to have the people and the Russian army turn against him. It looks like he is losing the support of the Russian people. Will the Russian army continue to support Putin for a long war in Ukraine? The Russian army is made up of the sons of the Russian people.

Jaak

It looks like he is losing the support of the Russian people.

ABC news this afternoon, had a report from Moscow. He said that some demonstrators against the invasion hit the street, and were quickly scooped up and disappeared. While he reported, MVD internal security forces in their blue camo were in evidence in the background.

The Russian army is made up of the sons of the Russian people.

And the sons of the 15,000 Russian soldiers who died in Afghanistan.

Steve

2 Likes

I’ve seen the word “de-nazification” several times now.

Nazi has been used to label anything and everything that it has lost all original meaning and has taken on a new definition. Being a Nazi is now someone that disagrees with my/your opinion.

JLC

3 Likes