Down Market

Hi,
I’m guessing that the reason we are having this down market now is because most of our earnings will be coming out the next few weeks. The fact that everything is going down at the same time leads me to think this is more of a correction then anything else. Most of our holdings are predicting better than average earnings. At least I hope that is the case.
Any one else with some thoughts on this market?

Gayle

The fact that everything is going down at the same time leads me to think this is more of a correction then anything else.

Yes, apparently, the market was suprised to hear the news that company earnings releases happen once every 3 months.

Jason
Resident smart aleck
(And who also believes this is a merely a correction which will eventually pass)

5 Likes

There was a great deal of discussion about the market recently here:

http://discussion.fool.com/calling-a-bottom-31261892.aspx?sort=w…

The NAS is still up 3.9% from that first post.

2 Likes

syna down 2.6%

ubnt down 6.3%

Quite a route today!

syna down 2.6%

ubnt down 6.3%

Quite a route today!

Yes, I can take full responsibility for the down turn today, since I added heavily to both these positions yesterday. Had I waited today would have seen a rally.

Apologies

(long SYNA & UBNT, woohoo)

1 Like

must admit to feeling seller’s remorse after not selling TSLA and SCTY at end of last week. I posted on the thread that the valuations seem to high to me, and got slammed and never got to it. Saul is out, as he usually is. The timing is amazing!

1 Like

must admit to feeling seller’s remorse after not selling TSLA and SCTY at end of last week. I posted on the thread that the valuations seem to high to me, and got slammed and never got to it. Saul is out, as he usually is. The timing is amazing!

Gator, Don’t worry about it. Everything was down yesterday, not just TSLA and SCTY. I didn’t mean that I saw any immediate risk with TSLA and SCTY, just that I saw problems long term (TSLA being so capital intensive, and SCTY being like everything was going on in a black box).

Saul