Dreamer Corp - Port Update

FED is currently in a blackout period December 3–15. Interestingly CPI release is Tuesday December 13th.

covered my SPY short for 2% gain.
Added to S.
Bought PTLO and UPST.

sticking with the smaller caps for now.
don’t think any are at absolute bottoms, but do think we may still see a BMR surge, as my gut says no capitulation until 2023.

So I don’t know if that means a Santa Rally or just trade sideways, but all three of those stocks are volatile and can make some money back.

Still long PTHRF.

About 90% cash at moment.

Dreamer

1 Like

GITLAB reported today

I was surprised to see that the $124 put shares were exercised. Premarket, CRWD at $125. I decided to sell premarket. $1 a share not great as a trade, but an extra $ compared to the price I sold the put for last week is significant. I told myself “Extreem greed, KC”. Pigs get slaughtered. New laptop.

KC

Yet another post-ER pop to fade.
Feels like in the 2022 recap thread (should one be created) that at least an honorable mention should go to “faded pops” as a top theme for the Yeah of Meh.

Dreamer

I think my SPY short may go back on rather quickly, but I didn’t want to bet against turnaround Tuesday.

I would just like, for once, to catch a post-ER pop…if I caught any this year, I seem to have forgotten. So will I get one tomorrow with SentinelOne?

They should have better growth numbers than most, being off a smaller base. Market knows they are unprofitable, but still might get slapped around anyway. I call it a toss up.

Dreamer

1 Like

bought more of each…little chunks so far.

Dreamer

some more chunks of each
and a new 1% position in OLO, which I had looked at pre-IPO a loooong time ago.

Recession could/should hurt it, but also see an eventual reduction in inflation could offset that for restaurant industry. Will see. Small cap, and more disciplined financially, which is also how they sold themselves at IPO, so that has been consistent. Think; SaaS ordering/pay systems for restaurants/chains.

I would go grab my original OLO thread, but, you know…TMF threw away years of history.

Dreamer

may not always type all the updates here and twitter at same time.

feel free to follow here:

1 Like

Up 27% so far on this one. Nice to have stumbled across it.
Currently at a new high since April plunge.

Down 9.3% YTD
84% cash

In order
PTLO
S
PTHRF
UPST
AMZN
OLO

Dreamer

1 Like

regarding this smaller allocation I have in $PTHRF aka $PANR, here is an obviously speculative but nonetheless interesting stab at dd on why this could be a nice return (and short squeeze).

It could also be the next ONDS and a dud…so invest at your own risk. But given the energy challenges we have seen thanks to russia/ukraine and fact that solar/wind isn’t really up to the task of replacing the energy gap, combined further with reductions in nuclear investment, I think we will continue to have a few years where oil is important.

Dreamer

1 Like

I am turning into an oil baron, it appears…

1 Like

world’s most fickle oil baron here…

1 Like

Otherwise, I did add a few more nickels to the port today. Overall good week so far, but nothing earth-shattering. The below is still pretty much the same.
Today we had PTHRF retrace some gains while S and the growth cohort went nutso.

Down 9.3% YTD
84% cash

In order
PTLO
S
PTHRF
UPST
AMZN
OLO

Of course, anytime I see all the riskier stocks pop hard, internally I say “yeah…that will revert back eventually” as has been the case all of 2022.

I am right in between a couple schools of thought:

1. will continue to add stocks I like at target prices. but this will now need a couple down days to get a few of them near 52 wk lows again.
  2. I will opportunistically look at ind stock shorts or index short, if those stocks, or whole market, goes on BMR tear from here.

Sort of in wait and see mode, and taking what the market gives me.

Dreamer

2 Likes

I see Elon is going to remove 1.5 billion Twitter accounts. Good. Hope he trashes mine. I wonder how many millions are like me. Have an account associated with myself but cannot remember user name or password or both and so are locked out. Not sure I want the account, though.

KC, a tweetless one

1 Like

Twitter is a great news feed, honestly. A lot of good content on there, macro/market-related. Both bulls and bears.

On that note!

I wonder if zuckerberg will ever have the dignity to do the same thing with the FB accounts.

The mighty BMW list pays off…will this be a gem over next 12-18 months?

thanks OLO…we hardly knew ya.

1 Like

a bit more jockeying ahead of what may be a volatile couple of days:

2 Likes