EU Intends to Make Ukraine a Member in Weeks

The Daily Mail must have new owners or editors. The “paper” still looks like a pulp rag online, and it still pays too much attention to the cult of celebrity with loads of lurid photos of barely dressed famous people, but, they have been knocking the ball out of the park in Ukraine coverage ever since the start of the war.

Still, there are people on Fool who will go to great lengths to knock this paper because it gave Trump and Johnson loads of fawning coverage.

Well, something has changed at the Daily Mail. They are going after Putin and the Russian Disinformation with a vengeance. And they might have more reporters and photographers inside Ukraine right now than any major paper extant.

I’ve seen Daily Mail break numerous Ukraine stories, be first to publish videos or photos later picked up by the Guardian, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, LA Times, Washington Post. The Daily Mail was the first paper to do deep analysis of Maxor satellite photos to shoot holes in Russian State TV lies; the NYT and WaPo were 24-48 hours behind them in doing the same.

Here’s their latest breaking story: the EU President is seen in photograph after photograph viewing the massacre of Bucha with President Zelenskyy. Just look at the expressions on her face. This woman is so moved she wants to accelerate acceptance of Ukraine to the EU.

The headline and story will follow my tweet.

https://twitter.com/peregreine/status/1512577981180489729

@peregreine
453) #StandWithUkraine #PutinWarCriminal #RussianWarCrimes #DefeatPutin

EU President, Ursula von der Leyen, visited the site of the Bucha massacre inside Ukraine today. She plans to approve Ukraine’s membership to the EU in just a few weeks:

Direct link to this breaking story:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10700383/European-U…

18 Likes

I forgot the first 3 paragraphs. And yeah, I bet Putin exploded tonight when he heard this news:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10700383/European-U…

Ukraine could become an official member of the European Union within weeks not years, it was revealed tonight, as Brussels chief Ursula von der Leyen vowed to accelerate the wartorn country’s ascension to the bloc in the wake of Russia’s invasion.

The European Commission President symbolically handed Volodymyr Zelensky an official membership questionnaire at an historic joint press conference in Kyiv, in a move likely to infuriate Vladimir Putin and his inner circle.

Becoming an EU member state normally takes years, and the process involves several rounds of applications, criteria checks and negotiations.

2 Likes

Here’s their latest breaking story: the EU President is seen in photograph after photograph viewing the massacre of Bucha with President Zelenskyy. Just look at the expressions on her face. This woman is so moved she wants to accelerate acceptance of Ukraine to the EU.

The Daily Mail didn’t break this story. von der Leyen made that statement in a press conference surrounded by reporters and it was widely reported by all the international outlets.

This move will rationalize a military conflict between the EU and Russia. The US also will go along very willingly into the conflict.

This does not mean crushing Russia on Russian territory provoking nuclear weapons.

We must put an end to Putin. Meaning help the Russians execute him by humiliating him entirely.

…and Sweden and Finland could soon join Nato:

Finland and Sweden could soon join NATO, prompted by Russian war in Ukraine

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/04/08/politics/finland-sweden-n…

Not quite part of Putin’s plan is it?

In the meantime Russia has linked the rouble to gold and seems to have put some kind of floor under the gold price which will no doubt upset the Comex gold rigging syndicate

3 Likes

EU President, Ursula von der Leyen, visited the site of the Bucha massacre inside Ukraine today. She plans to approve Ukraine’s membership to the EU in just a few weeks:

In reality, this is not her decision:

To move to any of the subsequent stages in the process requires Commission and unanimous Council approval, as well as sign-off from EU leaders, with the European Parliament and national parliaments also having to approve the final accession treaty.

3 Likes

In reality, this is not her decision:

To move to any of the subsequent stages in the process requires Commission and unanimous Council approval, as well as sign-off from EU leaders, with the European Parliament and national parliaments also having to approve the final accession treaty.

=====================================================================

I think we know that the writing is on the wall. She has the final approval. I hope the Orban does not mess it up. I am so ashamed of the Hungarians. They used to be such an admirable country before Orban.

Jaak

I bet Putin literally explodes when that happens. Well I can hope!

They used to be such an admirable country before Orban.

People that are running very scared feel very strong with such men. Fools on speed.

2 Likes