For what it's worth

For what it’s worth, in addition to my MF RB and MF Stock Advisor subs, I have subscribed to Bert Hochfeld’s newsletter TickerTarget.com, in addition to reading Bert’s articles on Seeking Alpha. He has a real money portfolio for Growth stocks and another for value, but the best benefit is that he doesn’t mind if you email him an occasional question about one of the stocks he covers. It seems to me to be a very good value for the service you get.
Saul

https://www.tickertarget.com/about-us/

9 Likes

Saul,

Interesting. Thanks for finding this.
I sent a message to customer service asking about the what the customer gets with the “Custom Portfolio.”

Maybe these are the real money portfolios (Growth & Value) you listed up thread. However, the website wasn’t clear on that, so I asked.

What this service provides above and beyond what we already see from Bert, remains to be seen. However, I like the idea of obtaining more knowledge and analysis in the tech sector. I like to invest in the tech sector which isn’t to say I’ve done extraordinarily well in it. But, let’s face it, big growth lurks in tech companies. Since big risk is often along for the ride, more information is always helpful for me.

So, I’m interested in this service and thanks again.

Regards,
A.J.

I sent a message to customer service asking about the what the customer gets with the “Custom Portfolio.” Maybe these are the real money portfolios (Growth & Value) you listed up thread.

Hi AJ, I took the regular 1 yr subscription and I got both of the real money portfolios. The “custom portfolio” must mean he’ll help you put together your own portfolio according to you own criteria (and maybe help you make decisions about it), but that’s just a guess on my part…

Saul

1 Like

Hi AJ, I took the regular 1 yr subscription and I got both of the real money portfolios. The “custom portfolio” must mean he’ll help you put together your own portfolio according to you own criteria (and maybe help you make decisions about it), but that’s just a guess on my part…

I heard back from Bert this morning. You were correct, Saul. The “custom portfolio” service is specific service for your own portfolio if you desire. Presumably Bert will help build and make buy/sell decisions. That isn’t something I’m interested in especially as I don’t carry all tech stocks of which he seems primarily invested.

Anyway, just wanted to close the loop on this for anyone else that is considering Bert’s service.

Take care all,
A.J.

2 Likes