Google launches a retail ad tool with Shopify

Google launches a retail ad tool with Shopify https://seekingalpha.com/news/3369045?source=ansh $GOOG, $GOOGL, $SHOP

Looks like shops will be getting additional exposure. By proxy so will shopify!

5 Likes

One of my original reasons for jumping into an actual investment with Shopify was the simple fact that Amazon had given up on doing a similar thing on their own and had instead partnered with Shopify.

We saw a number of months ago that Apple CEO Tim Cook had visited Shopify HQ to check out some of their augmented reality work.

Now a partnership with Google too?

Amazon, Apple, and Google as some degree of partner rather than competitor!!!

Why didn’t I go for a bigger initial position back in 2016 when I first bought some Shopify…and why the heck did I trim at a few different subsequent points, even with the position always staying quite a bit below 10%? Oh well, I likely used the proceeds to buy something decent, so I shouldn’t lament any further, other than to re-iterate partnerships of varying degrees with Amazon, Apple, and Alphabet (Google)!!!

-volfan84
still long SHOP

8 Likes

I think this is major news and the market hasn’t shown any appreciation of this potential.

I also love how they are finding a way to work with all the top players without upsetting each other - Google (ad tech), Apple (VR), Amazon (AWS hosting consolidation plus referrals) and Facebook (buy on instagram).

A

3 Likes