Well, 2022 is a wrap, so here is the Shipping basket to close out the year
FLNG 18.08 (Green)
SBLK 17.50 (Green, if div included)
GOGL 11.81 (Green)
ZIM 9.55 (Red - ugly)
NMM 9.30 (Green)
TNP-E 3.15 (Green)
AMKBY 1.48 (Green)
- Consider how bad the overall market was, the shipping basket did well in 2022. Currently, slightly negative, about -3% But, that excludes net realized gains and dividends paid out
- ZIM (in particular) & BDRY are the two holdings with significant realized and unrealized losses.
- Wonderful gains from GOGL, NMM, FLNG. Also, with ZIM (prior to the massive Q4 2021 payout)
- In Dec, nibbles on NAT, ZIM & GSL.
- Share prices in the tanker companies seemed to have cooled off a little (except for TRMD and STNG)