How do you track the replies to your posts?

how do you track the replies to your posts?

You should get an email when someone replies to one of your posts.

If it is in a category that you are following it will also show up in tracked.

Vicki

In the upper right, when you click on it, the second one down is a reply symbol. Select it and you’ll see who replied and which message they replied to.

1 Like

Yes, I do. And I find it very irritating. Is there a simple way to stop that from happening? I expect it involves a bell somewhere, but there are so many bells.

1 Like

Click on your User Icon (top right)
Profile (human at bottom of list)
Preferences
Emails

Pick your poison.
I do >> only when away, never & never

2 Likes

Hi thejusticier,

You can also look at your Notifications. Click on Unread to see just the new ones.

https://community.fool.com/u/thejusticier

If you haven’t used this, you need to go through the top few then click Dismiss All to clear the list. Then only new notices will be in the unread list.

Does that help you?

Gene
All holdings and some statistics on my Fool profile page
https://community.fool.com/u/gdett2/activity (Click Expand)

2 Likes

Thanks, that helps. I even remembered to make the change on both the free and Premium sides.

I went with Always, Never, Never. The one where we differ is Email me when I am sent a personal message. Which I find amusing, as we have been told that we can not send personal messages (though I was once offered the opportunity to send a message rather than Reply).

The powers that be have lowered the paywall, so now that PC side is blocked. I thought it was going to become a common area, but apparently not. There are a stock or two over there that are not here in the Freemium side, maybe that will sort itself down the line… Mysteries remain…

Nothing changed here except that the separation became more obvious. Some board names have changed.

Vicki

Previously, when arriving at the new site, the default seemed to be the PC side, so I fiddled about adding Categories, Tags, assuming, foolishly that was the common area. Later discovered that, no, the discussion side was where things were meant to be, so I’d spun my wheels for a while, but then could flip from side to side, read, answer postings. Now the PC side’s curtain has dropped, I get notes to Login, but then, You are not authorized, etc… There was one stock I could find there, HAIN-Celestial, that I do not find on this side… I think I was still looking for, didn’t find Warner Brothers (WBD) as well, and didn’t find it… I think I’ve found the others of interest… Onward!

Some stocks have both paid and public boards, e.g. TSLA. The paid TSLA board is quite active with multiple posts per day, but the public board has very sporadic traffic.

yes I see that and I also see the unread replies on the top right. But it is showing msg I may not have read from many years earlier…some goes back to 2015…how can I see the latest replies?

tj

Hi thejusticier,

On the Notifications screen, click the “Dismiss All” button. That should clear all old “unread” notifications in your list.

Does that help you?

Gene
All holdings and some statistics on my Fool profile page
https://community.fool.com/u/gdett2/activity (Click Expand)

When someone revives a Topic (thread) from the old system by adding a new post on the new system, when you open it you are positioned at the top. The new system keeps track of where you left off in a Topic, but not until you read it in the new system. So to get to the new activity, scroll all the way to the bottom. There are some controls to the right to speed that scrolling up.

1 Like

Also, on the upper left corner are three horizonatal bars. If you click them, a side panel opens up just under them. You will see Community - click community if you don’t see My Posts below it. If you do see My Posts, then a number will appear next to it if you get replies to any threads you post on. It will be blank beside it if no one replies to your posts. HTH…doc

1 Like

i wish they would have well enough alone…i don’t know how to get around let alone log in correctly.