Investing ideas

Hi Saul have been reading posts since beginning of this board.I got into investing several years ago and have tried all kinds of websites including ,Zacks,Navellier,IBD,VectorVestand many others.After all this I now only use this board,Rulebreakers,Stock Advisor and Cabot Wealth Network.I bring this to your attention because l know you look for new stock ideas with good descriptions such as Bert.While Mike Cintolos,who runs Cabot Growth investor and top ten trader,knows the market and as well as anybody I have come across.He invests very similar to you.Modified buy and hold portfolio with usually 8 to 10 stocks which has included shop for quite a while.The top ten trader is an amazing place for new ideas.Every week he has top 10 stock picks which includes one editors pick.Each company is explained really well and told why it is a leader.He looks for many of the same things as you like recurring revenue and I find he comes across these companies well before Rule-breakers.For example he started recommending Arista several years ago and has been big on Square since early teens.This weeks top ten editors pick was HUBS and LGIH was also on list.Just thought you should know because your investment styles are so close and I think you could get some good ideas.The Newsletter has been around since the 70s.Paul Goodwin knows the market incredibly well also but runs the emerging markets letter which I didn’t think you would be interested in.Hope this is useful

13 Likes

Hi evanjoy, are you recommending cabot growth investor or cabot top ten trader? It’s not clear to me. And if it’s top ten trader, are these short term trades or long term investments?
Thanks
Saul

2 Likes

Is Rulebreakers from TMF worth signing up for these days?

Is Rulebreakers from TMF worth signing up for these days?

Well, I got Shopify from them a year and a half ago (at $27!). All it takes is one stock like that to pay the cost of many, many years of subscriptions.

Saul

15 Likes

I use both.The Cabot growth like I said is about ten stocks but always gives a watch list and section on other stocks of interest.Tends to be larger more liquid stocks.The top ten is more short term but he does hold them until they technically breakdown.For example Square has been in top ten portfolio since before Christmas .Top ten is probably best site for finding new companies like you find from Bert and he explains them well and why they are successful .There is free report5 best stocks for October if you want idea of his style

Well, I got Shopify from them a year and a half ago (at $27!). All it takes is one stock like that to pay the cost of many, many years of subscriptions.

Saul

I’ll echo what Saul said, and also mention that the Rule Breaker podcast is worth listening to. I think listening to that (along with Market Foolery) was part of what finally helped me to go ahead with getting a subscription.

I am also subscribed to Stock Advisor. One thing I like to note is when a stock is picked in both services (which requires the stock to be picked by Tom in Stock Advisor) and/or when it has gotten considerable discussion here on this board. Shopify fits that bill, as does Arista Networks now.

2 Likes

I would also note that the subscription is not just the recommendations and TMF commentary, but also the associated boards. My primary motivation for the subscriptions I have is access to the boards that go with those subscriptions.

8 Likes

Good discussion, I use both SA and RB. What do you think of Zach.

For those considering SA subscription, this should link to a discounted price page

https://www.fool.com/order/fe_offers/2375e1fc-5480-4213-ab9c…

And for Rule Breakers follow the links for a $53 a year deal:

https://www.fool.com/investing/motley-fool-rule-breakers-sal…

David

4 Likes

Are the discounted MF rates only for new subscribers or can they be used on renewals?

foodles, I haven’t tried it but I’ve been told the discounted rate can be used by existing subscribers.

David

And for Rule Breakers follow the links for a $53 a year deal:

By the way that takes you to a $99/year deal. Still small change.

I keep thinking I should search out one of these discounted deals when renewal time comes, but then it auto renews. I can’t find anywhere to turn off auto renew or get it to forget about whatever credit card it has on file, just a place to add a new card.

1 Like

If you sign up under one of the discount deals, the time will be added to your current subscription. No need to wait until renewal time.

Brian

1 Like

but then it auto renews

You can email customer support and ask them to disable the auto-renewal.
https://www.fool.com/contact-customer-service

-AJ

I’ll give that a try, thanks.

If you sign up under one of the discount deals, the time will be added to your current subscription. No need to wait until renewal time.

I re-upped through 2021 earlier today. I’ve been please with my subscriptions through a year, so I went ahead and took advantage of the links.

Interestingly, the Rule Breaker renewal and Stock Advisor renewal both took me to Million Dollar Portfolio deals, with the one after the Rule Breaker re-upping being more enticing than the Stock Advisor-induced MDP offer. I doubt I will go for that though, as my portfolio size still seems a bit small to warrant it. If I got Pro or Options, I’d probably go for it at $400-something a year.

Sorry to clarify,the $53 per year requires a three year comittment.

David

Thanks – been meaning to subscribe and pulled the trigger with this offer.