Is it time to move on up to 14?

I’ve been pretty happy with my iPhone 11 Pro Max, to where my Nikon DSLRs are getting dusty… 48 mp also will eat many Mb for unprocessed images, some of my post processing in most cases is to reduce the image size unless they are trip photos or some event where I want o preserve the higher quality images… But even now I don’t see options to reduce the mp used, and currently in iOS 16, the 11 keeps defaulting to live photos, so if I edit, crop, I end up with 3 files for the photo, plus the AAE sidecar… So I hesitate to jump in…

2 Likes

The actual MP of the jpeg defaults to 12MP. You have to override it to get 48MP raw. I read a post, I think it was on the Premium side, from someone who had the 48MP-capable version of the 14; they said they had made it an option. I don’t recall what I did, but my 8+ doesn’t default to Live for me.

(You might think I was paying a lot of attention every time the 14’s camera(s) are mentioned. You would be correct.)

2 Likes

Well, good to see someone else is noticing the tidbits…

I had Tagged the Apple board over on the PC side, but apparently they are not a common board, I think I had all my stocks tagged except atandt per there, but came here for it… So that’s all lost…

What I see here is 56" wide images! I have not seen where I can change a setting to drop that bak, so generally a lot of post processing to shrink them. Preview does it fine, my older CS6 Photoshop, and the Nikon Capture would as well… My Image Capture is still broke as far as my iPhone, so I have to use PhotoSync to offload, a bit more tedious than it used to be…

So I continue to keep an eye on articles, need to actually start a thread at the Apple Discussion boards. I’ve ignored them for a while solving any issues myself or other sources… Our NCMUG on FB has dwindled. few folks need help any more. so just a few of us diehards…

Well, I need to go walk a bit, haven’t looked at TMF on my iPhone, I imagine only the browser has access, no App… Or it can wait until later…

Interesting, while walking, I entered the above reply, but when I came back home, the original was still here, so I posted it, oops, was a double, so I deleted it, but then was able to reverse the delete, edit, and here it is… So no filter for duplicated posts…

And… The # of Edits appear and are viewable at the upper right of the post…