Let Him Hold You Like a Hostage

Topic Song Title Alert!

At the risk of coming across as a Musk hater…again - he’s holding Telsa hostage. Seems like a solid example in corporate leadership.

When they say “Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely”, who does that apply to? Everyone, especially super geniuses with a superiority complex.

5 Likes

It is a negotiation. The larger shareholders want Musk to work with no further compensation. Nice for them? Not necessarily. You get what you pay for.

2 Likes

That may be an oversimplification. Larger shareholders are concerned about giving Musk more control and also concerned about the make-up of the BoD. When you make silly decisions, sometimes shareholders hold you accountable.

Geez, if Musk wouldn’t have had to sell his shares to buy Twitter, he’d almost have the 25% that he wants.

4 Likes

unless he has “25% control over the company” – something he doesn’t have right now – partly because he decided to sell tens of billions of dollars worth of Tesla shares to buy Twitter.

How do we translate this one - “Why should it have to be ME, out of all people, suffering the consequences from my ill-conceived and badly-managed adventures?”?

10 Likes

Seems like you already knew how to translate it.

1 Like

That would seem to be the mantra of most CEOs. Hence the growth of the “rogue underling” scapegoat.

Steve

3 Likes

And yet people here are quoting him as saying “If you’re valuing Tesla as a car company, well that’s just the wrong framework.” But if he can just walk the AI out the door at his whim, then basically it’s “a car company.”

I don’t believe I’ve seen a greater corporate grift in my lifetime, and that includes Jack Welch, Bernie Madoff, and Elizabeth Holmes.

12 Likes

When not if FSD works will X control the online time in an EV? Or will Tesla?

The shareholders who care probably can not stop Musk and his buddies from going with X.

X is going to be a lot more.

1 Like

I love Mad Libs. Let me try -

X is going to be a lot more toxic.
X is going to be a lot more anti-Semitic.
X is going to be a lot more polarizing.
X is going to be a lot more nauseating.

Being inundated by X garbage…chalk that up as another reason why people won’t use robotaxis.

Maybe not, maybe so…there are a lot of concerned shareholders out there. It will be interesting to see how the vote turns out.

3 Likes

Crappy. Shltty. WORSE.

Musk bought a see-through toilet and now the world can see his output.

3 Likes

I agree with the sentiment. I have a hard time rewarding someone who says he’s going to take his ball home if everyone doesn’t play his game. That’s not leadership.

No doubt Musk is a smart dude, his destructive tendencies are catching up with him.

1 Like

Shareholders will approve this overwhelmingly and there is nothing you all can do !

1 Like

Sure. Just like you will pay the ransom to get back your daughter who’s been kidnapped, but the idea that some people think it’s great *(ahem!) is almost as troubling as the miscreant parading around so proudly,

4 Likes

Shareholders feel it is great.

Everyone else is irrelevant.

1 Like

It is a negotiation. Musk is central to the plans. Yet you want no raise for him? After it was negotiated? That is a rug pull. No further negotiations. Why not?

1 Like

I won’t repeat the numerous links to stories about shareholders, many of them quite large shareholders, that don’t feel it is great and have already voted against the pay package, but needless to state, you are incorrect in your assumption regarding the opinion of shareholders - even if the vote does goes in Musk’s favor.

3 Likes

The opinion of shareholders is all over the map with quite a few outside the map in Terra Incognita.

The Captain

I voted all but one in favor. I cannot forgive Tesla for the SolarCity “all in the family” nepotism bailout. One vote was against Delaware.

3 Likes

Shareholders have ALREADY voted overwhelmingly once on the comp package. We will know in June about the vote again.

Either way, NON Tesla shareholders are irrelevant in this debate.

1 Like

Then I guess it is a good thing that I am a direct shareholder. I guess that makes me relevant.

Hawkwin
Who will also inform the reader that anyone that owns the S&P 500 index is a Tesla shareholder.

4 Likes

Or ARK Invest…

The Captain

2 Likes