Looked at Trex

I picked up at starter position on Trex in Dec because of stock performance. So of course it promptly fell 13%. Anyway, they just reported a wonderful quarter, and are up 25% today. The board is almost dead and I cannot figure out why there is no love for this company.

The board is almost dead and I cannot figure out why there is no love for this company.

Can’t answer to why there is no love for the company, but regarding discussion (as I am an owner). However, regarding discussion, I can say, alternative wood decking just seems to be a product that doesn’t quite spark my imagination or excite me to want to explore, dream about future possibilities, envision what expansion would mean for the world, understand the mission of CEO. Granted, yes, I want to know and understand how the company is performing as an owner. But I tend to veer to discussions of companies that are, well, more sexy to me, or, more relevant to me as a consumer. Perhaps not the best policy as an investor. But, we all have room to grow!

okapimoon

3 Likes

okapimoon, You took the words right out of my mouth!

Love the stock, especially today! And I do follow the board and read all the news on Trex but I typically leave it at that.

As I said somewhere today, I’m grateful that a TMF service recommended TREX because I would never have bought it if left to my own devices.

Some of the stocks I post a lot about are really stinkers, so not posting on a message board isn’t really much of an indicator for my love or hate for a stock.

Let’s hope this one stays on an upward trajectory.

Cheers to the Trex management team today!

J.
TXRH Ticker Guide