Lukoil Billionaire Croaks

Does anyone on this board have a tally of Russian Billionaire Oligarchs whp have died mysteriously since the Invasion of Ukraine?

Is there some kind of sick competition of pitting Oligarchs vs. Generals in a Russian Squid Game that we in the West are not privy to?

https://twitter.com/peregreine/status/1523646472406724609Per… Trader

Peregrine Trader
@peregreine
·
19s
Replying to
@peregreine
548) #StandWithUkraine #DefeatPutin

So a Lukoil oligarch just croaked from a toad toxin he took to cure a hangover? Say what?

Putin, who writes this stuff?

Quote Tweet
Market Rebellion
@MarketRebels
· 12h
Billionaire Russian oligarch Alexander Subbotin has reportedly died after an anti-hangover treatment that involved toad poison
Show this thread

Replying to
@MarketRebels
Alexander Subbotin was the former top manager of Russian oil company Lukoil
Market Rebellion
@MarketRebels
·
6h
Lukoil, Russia’s second largest oil company, called for an end to the war in Ukraine in March

6 Likes

Sooner or later, Vlad will go too far.

This is NOT Stalin’s 1930’s USSR. People have access to much faster cross communication and better access to the means of their personal defense.

When Vlad hits the “too far” point, folks who have avoided his murderous reach will take care of business. Both inside the military and ‘civilians’. Probably not a ‘mysterious’ illness, but more like hauling him out to a spot like where the czar’s family was massacred in 1917.

(And televised on RTV???)

2 Likes

I’m guessing that his replacement may not be the vast improvement people are assuming. Be careful what you wish for

Jeff

5 Likes

The German news agency DW has an article on the sudden spate of oligarch deaths.

https://www.dw.com/en/mysterious-series-of-deaths-among-russ…

Subbotin is not included in it so add one more to the tally.

This article from a week ago says 10 Russian generals have crossed the rainbow bridge since the invasion.

https://www.newsweek.com/russian-military-leaders-try-lift-t…

2 Likes

I’m guessing that his replacement may not be the vast improvement people are assuming. Be careful what you wish for.

Jeff,

The end game is Putin’s death. The Russians will sooner rather than later take their chances.

The threat is the US and Europe. Meaning a Russian peon dictator is under a huge threat. Make no mistakes and play on the right side of it as the leadership of Russia…to come…

We were issued a license when Putin entered the Ukraine. We sure as hell are going to exercise it.

1 Like

I’m guessing that his replacement may not be the vast improvement people are assuming. Be careful what you wish for

Jeff

True enough, to be sure.

But Vlad’s ‘replacement’ COULD be someone as pragmatic as a Mikhail Gorbachev, who presided over the USSR when the wheels came off the wagon.

My personal forecast was that when that event would come about, it would be at least as perilous as the Times of White Knuckles when JFK stared down Khrushchev over missiles in Cuba.

‘Gorby’ is distained by many world wide, especially folks from the old USSR, but he presided, and there was a peaceful dissolution. No shooting, no nukes, just “It is over, everyone. Go home.”.

Berlin wall? Time to take it down.

Could have been WORSE. A LOT WORSE.

Reagan paid tribute to him, at least once. (“A man I can deal with”.)

Vlad II might be the new Gorby. Regardless, it is unlikely that “Vlad II” will espouse that the breakup of the USSR was the “greatest catastrophe of the 20th century”.

Gorby’s wiki page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Gorbachev

My first thought about underlying causation was that all of these people might have at one point or another played drums for Spinal Tap.

Toad poisoning.

Falling off a cliff.

Triple murder / suicide.

Bizarre gardening accident.

Choking on vomit. (Someone else’s vomit actually…Impossible to tell. You can’t dust for vomit…)

All equally plausible. Nothing to see here. Move along.

WTH

5 Likes

Sorry, you can only recommend a post to the Best of once.

My first thought about underlying causation was that all of these people might have at one point or another played drums for Spinal Tap.

Toad poisoning.

Falling off a cliff.

Triple murder / suicide.

Bizarre gardening accident.

Choking on vomit. (Someone else’s vomit actually…Impossible to tell. You can’t dust for vomit…)

All equally plausible. Nothing to see here. Move along.

WTH

:joy: You win Motley Fool Best of Boards today even if I’m the only one to recommend this post.

As a parting reward, please accept this unopened copy of Spinal Tap’s “Break Like the Wind” LP from my vinyl collection.

5 Likes

Did somebody lose Putin’s money?

1 Like