Macron reelected

… with a sound majority, according to first prognosis.

Glad we won’t have to deal with yet another crisis over here.

https://www.france24.com/en/video/20220424-breaking-macron-r…

25 Likes

Just short of 60% voted for him.

The press loves the quote, “I had no choice but to vote him”. I am waiting for the day the press is run by mature adults.

1 Like

I am relieved but not totally comforted by the existence of hundreds of millions of Fascists in the U.S. and Europe this soon after WWII.

4 Likes

Something like a 16 point spread. Not even close. In spite of the media hysteria about a racist friend of Putin possibly being elected.

Steve

Macron: 2017 - 66,10%

2017: Macron 66,10%, Le Pen 33,10%
2022: Macron 58,55%, Le Pen:41,45%

All the national and international media (included the EU) supported Macron, they were all afraid that he might loose the elections. Despite this huge support!

I guess that the spread you mention is just a joke…:slight_smile:

Per peeve: Loose is not lose.

3 Likes

Something like a 16 point spread. Not even close. In spite of the media hysteria about a racist friend of Putin possibly being elected.

Luckily for Macron, the left guy who came third (with 22%) in the first round, while not endorsing Macron (seen as a president for the rich), clearly discouraged his voters to elect Le Pen in the second round.

Still, Le Pen won significantly compared to 2017. Another term like this and she may get in.

Forgive me that I don’t fancy seeing Putin’s close friend (and financial supportee) in charge of EU policies, never mind France’s nuclear arsenal.

1 Like