Mr Smith redefines forever

Back in Jan 2024, I posted on Mr Smith and his 10-holdings port that could provide dividends forever–

Update:
Less than halfway thru the first year, Mr Smith has already sold one of the holdings he suggested could provide dividends forever.

ET was only a 5% stake in the 600K portfolio. ET is up about 12% YTD. The gains exceed the annual income expectations for ET. That’s nice for year 1. But what about (forever - 1)? Oh yeah, there’s $30K - $31K to deploy for that.

I guess, from Mr Smith “do as I say, and not as I do”

Obviously, another unmentioned factor or influence is found at the bottom of the article - selling subscriptions to High Yield Investing.

8 Likes

“Obviously, another unmentioned factor or influence is found at the bottom of the article - selling subscriptions to High Yield Investing.”

The croupier always gets his cut, and in this case it is the subscription money. Not that it really matters, but it would be interesting to see how long the rest of his forever portfolio lasts. :smiley:

3 Likes

There has been another event that affects the port. I will post in a separate thread.

[Edit: There has another event that will potentially affect the port within the next 6 - 9 months]

Hey Bruce! Two posts in six months. Don’t strain yourself or anything.

(Ha! Nice to see you again.)

5 Likes

I’ll be careful to avoid too much strain. :grinning: