Old dealraker's slant

I asked the question about Verizon a month or so ago for a reason, it wasn’t as up-on-the-surface or naive as it may have appeared. My best guess is that a lot of things that Buffett has and hasn’t done will turn out quite calming.

And some time out those of us with Berk stock may have losses from today’s price. As or while I also mentioned a few weeks ago our mungo/Jim based “outperformance” is nearly assured and may come through less loss than Mr. Market rather than the assumed gains. Warren Buffett is one hell-of-a-wise man.

In my view Putin’s actions are awful for us but may have saved us from further excesses. I am absolutely amazed that American’s continue to binge and bust on each successive cycle on homes and autos while leaving the infrastructure in shambles. Yea, a bigger Tahoe or lifted Ford 150 may intimidate the other drivers but the problem is that as a whole you can’t afford the damn thing and you will go nuts, and vote extreme, when somebody forces you to accept that.

It ain’t the PE ratio; it’s the cycle. Munger obssing over inflation and it’s influence on who we choose to lead wasn’t silly.

23 Likes

I am absolutely amazed that American’s continue to binge and bust on each successive cycle on homes and autos while leaving the infrastructure in shambles.

or maybe the capital has been used wonderfully to improve environment, energy, transportation, health and education for the world.

Innovative companies such as TSLA, UBER, TDOC, AMZN, GOOG, AAPL etc. are solving global problems and improving lives of hundreds of millions around the world.

2 Likes

Munger obssing over inflation and it’s influence on who we choose to lead wasn’t silly.

Both parties are bad. Don’t forget under economic expansion, no war, during good times, Trump deficit’s were more than $1 T.

I am not sure how Fed reserve is going to shrink their balance sheet without crashing the market.

1 Like

Look I am not sure all the high priced companies are solving world problems. What problem exactly UBER solves?

" What problem exactly UBER solves?"

DUI

12 Likes

HEHEHE, we had taxi service before Uber. Right now, I find taxi is cheaper than Uber and UBER is not even reliable. No idea when those guys are going to show up.

1 Like

Hey…just a little coffee infused rant. LOL!

Almost all shares of Uber purchased on the stock market since its public offering are underwater.

6 Likes

HEHEHE, we had taxi service before Uber. Right now, I find taxi is cheaper than Uber and UBER is not even reliable. No idea when those guys are going to show up.

No need to wonder. The Uber app shows you where the driver is on the map and the ETA. Faster and cheaper than a cab. I dunno anything about the business model, but the user experience is great. At least my user experience.

3 Likes

No need to wonder. The Uber app shows you where the driver is on the map and the ETA. Faster and cheaper than a cab

Yeah they show it in map, but the ETA is not true. I took recently cab/ uber to hospital. I had to call cab service because UBER didn’t show up, and UBER prices are higher. If you are wondering why I took UBER in the first place, because I had some credits with both UBER/ LYFT. BTW, it is not just UBER, it is same with lyft too.

Same to the airport, the shuttle/ taxi is cheaper than UBER/ Lyft. Of course, all of this are very cheaper than wify dropping, :).

I’m not a big fan of a business model built on skirting the law. Cabs were regulated for a reason, and mostly black operated gypsy cabs were harassed by police for decades. It wasn’t until some silicon geeks with a cool app showed that it became cool to break the law.

1 Like