OT? A contrasting COVID attitude

As some are aware, I am currently traveling and post a weekly update on METAR. I also email it to a pretty broad list of (presumably) interested people and, from time to time, receive comments related to the material. This week’s elicited an interesting one from a well traveled, and otherwise intelligent lady who took the time to write a rebuttal to my statements.

I will not comment on the following other than to say that I vehemently disagree with nearly every part of it. The reason I am posting it is to provide an indication of what a large segment of the US population believes so that METAR does not become an echo chamber. That said, that in this case, it also should not be used to debate these views.

Jeff

I read that Sweden was one of the countries that never shut down or ruined their economy, never enforced masking, and never forced anyone to get the “shot". Maybe that’s why the new passengers from Sweden aren’t masking? The majority are probably all immune by now with natural immunities. Unfortunately the spreaders here now are all people that have received the shot and several booster’s. BTW, there are commercials on TV now saying “if you get Covid, within 5 days you can go to your doctor for oral medication, (which is Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin), that they wouldn’t let the doctors use previously with a threat of losing their license if they did! Doesn’t anyone wonder about a “shot” that doesn’t have any dead virus in it because the virus was never isolated? Doesn’t anyone wonder about the spiked proteins in the shot and what it does to your own immune system? Doesn’t anyone wonder about a shot that doctors, nurses, police officers, etc. have to be forced to take or they’ll lose their jobs? Doesn’t anyone wonder why they don’t want to take it? Doesn’t anyone wonder about the 250,000 illegals crossing our border every month(March figures) without getting the “shot" and then secretly being bussed and flown all over the country to spread whatever disease they bring with them? Doesn’t anyone wonder why we were initially told to get the shot so we wouldn’t get Covid? People need to start doing their own research and due diligence to find out what is really behind all this. I’m sorry to say that you’re not coming back to a happy country right now because people are really getting fed up with all the lying and coverups. Our middle class is disappearing and people are moving out of blue states en masse. Crime is exploding, the economy is in dire straights, education is turning into indoctrination to name just a few things that are going on. I just paid $162 to fill up my car in Mexafornia! We may be headed for another revolution? LOL…/D🇺🇸

P.S> You might consider staying on the ship if you can until the end of the year! LOL

10 Likes

Wow, well, we’re glad to read she’s leaving CA, sadly some other area will have to absorb the load of trash she/they bring… In our travels, it’s been rare to meet, interact with folks of that sort of ignorance, only one comes to mind, but she made the ‘ugly American’ list for sure… Easy to avoid nice spotted at least…

Thanks for all your postings, many new places, some familiar, but we all go down different paths…

Stay safe, don’t let the few get you down…

weco

5 Likes

The reason I am posting it is to provide an indication of what a large segment of the US population believes so that METAR does not become an echo chamber.
--------------------------
Wow, well, we’re glad to read she’s leaving CA…

The departure increases California’s ECHO CHAMBER, one less dissenting voice.

The Captain

3 Likes

Jeff, how did you determine that this well traveled lady was otherwise intelligent??

Quite apart from her willingness to showcase what she doesn’t understand about virology, epidemiology, statistics etc, the rest of her diatribe is a mish mash of conspiracy theories and strange ideas.

For sure it’s what a good chunk of what the US population believes but that’s no surprise at this point where Covid’s concerned. The sort of mindset that’s part of the problem and not a manifestation of intelligent outside-the-box thinking

10 Likes

I feel like the tone and the coining of the term “Mexifornia”
tells you all you need to know about being “otherwise intelligent” or at least exposes her racist mentality.

13 Likes

If she ever meets a fact she wont know what it is.

What are the investment opportunities in a nation where 30% to 35% of the population has these ideas, and the way the US Senate is organized with the filibuster and the 60 vote threshold, the most extreme 5% of the population can effectively prevent policy choices wanted by 80% of the population?

You’ll probably need a COVID variant with a 30% death rate to bring about any meaningful change.

intercst

3 Likes

… and the way the US Senate is organized with the filibuster and the 60 vote threshold,

And the way the Senate overweights low population states. Sure it’s possible for the country to be run according to some 30% of the population.

Steve

1 Like

Doesn’t anyone wonder about…

The only thing I find myself wondering about as I read this post is what sort of mental illness she is suffering from!

IP

steve203,

… and the way the US Senate is organized with the filibuster and the 60 vote threshold,

And the way the Senate overweights low population states. Sure it’s possible for the country to be run according to some 30% of the population.

It’s a lot less than 30% if your agenda is served by merely protecting the status quo by killing legislation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/11/us/politics/senate-gives-…

Beyond the filibuster, senators from Wyoming and other small states regularly oppose and often thwart programs popular in states with vastly bigger populations. The 38 million people who live in the nation’s 22 smallest states, including Wyoming, are represented by 44 senators. The 38 million residents of California are represented by two senators.

intercst

1 Like

I just paid $162 to fill up my car

Which means that she has a gas tank of at least 24 gallons.

Which means that she’s driving something like a Ford Expedition, Dodge Durango, GMC Sierra, Jeep Grand Cherokee, or a big pickup truck.

All of which get terrible mileage.

I’m sorry, but if she is going to drive a massive vehicle that gets terrible mileage, she has no right to complain about gas prices. She asked for it. She told the market that she loves the produce (gas) and that she can’t get enough of it. That she needs to consume 2-3X more than the other drivers on the road.

In the petroleum markets, the law of supply and demand seems to go to sleep for several years at a time. They we cross a threshold of bidding for the “marginal barrel” and prices spike. She can leave California, but she’ll still be spending $120 or more to fill up anywhere in the country.

1 Like