OT Allstate Insurance Problems

We HAD two cars.

BOTH cars were insured by ALLSTATE.

We SOLD one car.

I’ve tried three times to cancel the insurance on the car we sold.

The national office keeps referring me to the local office.

I can’t get a human on the phone at the local office.

AND the local office circle jerk recording won’t take a message.

I’m guessing the only way to get their attention will be to just stop making payments on the insurance for the car we sold.

Anyone have any other ideas?

TIA
Dave

1 Like

Switch insurance companies.

PSU

2 Likes

Time to go to you state’s insurance regulator. Welcome to the wonderful world of state by state insurance regulation.

2 Likes

Count your blessings and change insurance companies NOW!

Several years ago we had a hail storm and before you knew it, half the neighborhood was getting their roof replaced. Sure enough we had our new to us Electric Insurance, (GE,) send an agent out and they approved our roof replacement to the tune of around $25,000. Neighbor next door and catty corner from us did not get their roof approved. They had Allstate, which we had just switched from. Somehow I doubt the hail jumped over those two houses because they were protected from Mayhem by their insurance.

We sold the house about a year later with a brand new roof. I had been eyeballing it as we considered selling, worrying about the roof’s impact on marketability. That storm was a blessing for us. Not so much for those that had Allstate. Great commercials though.

Ironically, had a deer jump on top of my car shortly afterwards. Zero problems getting payout from EI. I would use them every time if I could, but you have to be within 10 miles of a fire station for your home.

YMMV, but this was our experience.

IP

2 Likes

I’m guessing the only way to get their attention will be to just stop making payments on the insurance for the car we sold.

Not paying the premium will blow up your credit rating, as it will go down as a default.

I’m going to mention this, as you did not state you tried this: have you tried cancelling the coverage on their web site? I use Progressive, and I can do anything with a few clicks: cancel a car, add a car, change coverages, print out documents.

I think I may have relayed the story here before, how the local Allstate office in metro Detroit cheated the furniture dealer I worked for out of years of accrued storage charges. No matter how much documentation I supplied that the Allstate office had been advised, in writing, multiple times, that storage charges were accruing, they refused to pay. I couldn’t help thinking “is this how you treat your policy holders when they try to make a claim?”

I probably also relayed my experiences with Comcast: repeatedly billing me for service I cancelled, billing me rental for equipment I never rented from them. No wonder Comcast is on the list of “most hated companies in the US”.

You did try the web site, right?

Steve…Flo is my copilot

3 Likes

Not paying the premium will blow up your credit rating, as it will go down as a default.

I’m thinking that he doesn’t need to get a loan, so why would a credit rating matter?
He’s not buying a new car

Mike

1 Like

Create an Allstate online account and either do it from there or message your agent from there.