OT: Be kind and tender with each other

Guys this is way off topic and I didn’t come in search of this site, board in search of solace but when dropped in - it had me thinking.

It is remarkable how civil, reasonable, respectful people are with each other here.

Leaving aside I have had the =#1 worst working day of my career and feeling delicate, it has made me realize and value just how cordial and polite everyone is round here.

Wish my workplace could be more like this place and I hope everyone can keep up the kindness and tenderness together.

Ant

47 Likes

Sorry you had such a bad day Ant. If it helps any we all appreciate you here and hope things get better at work for you!!!
Best wishes!
Saul

1 Like

Hi Ant,

Hang in there. Whenever I feel down, I watch this video – for some reason it always brings back a smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6-iC_aYcug

Rich

Back in the day – A Drumlin Daisy

29 Likes

Ok, I want to go to Fiji now. NOW.

lovepeace

Leaving aside I have had the =#1 worst working day of my career and feeling delicate, it has made me realize and value just how cordial and polite everyone is round here.

Hey Ant.

Maybe we had a very similar day… while certainly can’t say yesterday and today were quite the worst day of work as far as something going wrong or stress. But maybe close when it comes to personal disappointment.

I am off to your homeland next week, lets try to meet for drinks near year end if you are around.

Ant,
I am sorry you you day was so bad. I have given it a lot of thought recently, maybe because of my age or how long I have been at my job (34 and 4 years), but being treated well is worth more to me than making 6 figures. Maybe its the taxation of the middle class though too, it doesn’t make sense to work more just to be taxed at a higher rate.

http://news.investors.com/politics/121115-784785-obamacare-s…

I agree and appreciate this board, both for its wisdom and civility. I think everyone, Saul, ‘moderators’, long-time users, and new guys like me try to do a good job being intentional about being kind and polite. And I think that intentionalilty is needed this day and age, especially online.

Merry Christmas,
Robert

2 Likes

Whenever I feel down, I watch this video…

Great video. Here’s a better link that credits the actual dancer (Matt Harding) and links to his current project:

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/where_matt

1 Like

I am so glad you found a civil, reasonable and respectful place here on the boards. I guess you haven’t visited PA, RECF or any number of other boards (Climate Change, I could go on and on).

So my advice is to stick with this board. Really, I mean it.

1 Like

Ant,
I share your respect for this board’s disposition toward it’s contributors. It’s a great time of year to help each other and glad you shared your off topic posting. Saul is an amazing person and it attracts intelligent members unlike the ‘fools’ on most Yahoo finance message boards.
Rich - Loved the Matt video.

Merry Christmas to All and to All Good Profits!

1 Like

Thanks guys. Good talking with you.

Sometimes, one finds sanity in the oddest of places.