OT: GauchoRico on options

I will not discuss options here on Saul’s board. I have been getting a lot of email replies to my portfolio updates. Many people have asked me questions about options. Rather than responding to them all (many of the questions are similar), I have decided to start a website/blog. One of the topics that I will post on is stock options.

The website/blog is under construction and it is my goal to have something up around 2020 year’s end.

Other topics will include portfolio updates and discussion of stocks which I also plan to continue to post here on Saul’s.

In addition, I will post on other topics related to financial matters that are considered off-topic here. The lack of financial literacy around the world is something that I plan to address and to to help to alleviate.

The best way to keep updated on my blog’s progress is through my Twitter account which I will use to keep people informed on the progress and to announce new posts on the blog. The username of my Twitter account is gauchorico.

GR

96 Likes

I will not discuss options here on Saul’s board… I have decided to start a website/blog.

Why not just start a new board here at TMF? There is at least one options board on TMF but it’s restricted to Stock Advisor members. You can start another one that’s more general-audience.

16 Likes

Why not just start a new board here at TMF? There is at least one options board on TMF but it’s restricted to Stock Advisor members. You can start another one that’s more general-audience.

epnh,

Thanks for the suggestion. It’s something that I considered but decided against.

The formatting options on TMF are limited and cumbersome.

Options are just one topic that I will be posting on.

IMO a dedicated blog/website will provide greater exposure and reach than single focused board on TMF that can tend to get cluttered with a lot of non-valuable questions and posts.

The personal motivation behind the website/blog is to provide a centralized resource to help fill an unmet need: improving financial literacy. If successful the website/blog could someday be monetized which could provide additional resources to further improve financial literacy. Monetization is not the plan or the goal and it is my intention to always keep access to the information free. With that said, an independent website retains future monetization optionality which can assist in furthering the cause of improving financial literacy.

GR

35 Likes

GR I think this is a great idea and look forward to the day you are up and running.
I look at this, in a way, like football coaches. You have added so much to this board, as have others and now you can become the head ball coach at another school, so to speak. It is just further acknowledgement of what a great thing Saul has created here. I would encourage the monetization as the traffic permits. Good luck.
Mike

1 Like