OT: How to "unfavorite" a board?

The recs from Saul’s board are overwhelming the “Best of” list. I would like to “un-favorite” the board so I can see posts rec’d from my other favorite boards which aren’t as active. I clicked on the check mark in the heart but that didn’t work.
Wendy

It’s under the Customize tab at the top of your screen. Find the one you want to remove in your Favorites list and delete it.

1 Like

The “Best of” list doesn’t care whether or not you’ve “favorited” a board, so removing it won’t change anything. Best you can do is just increase the number of posts it shows from the default (25 I think).

1 Like

It’s under the Customize tab at the top of your screen. Find the one you want to remove in your Favorites list and delete it.

Customize or ‘Edit’; both will work.

I’ve asked for a “NOT” capability on the best of page, so I could simply “NOT” some board(s) on the list, but leave the Fav list otherwise undisturbed, but it is too much of a wrinkle that MF is unwilling to do.

Saul’s numbers over power all Best of queries. Good stuff always, but simply swamps the best of function.

(Long term? Simply leave Saul off you fav list? Then, when you’re wondering what’s going on over there, manually click on it? Justa tho’t.)

Yes. The steps are:

• go to Favorites & Replies
  • if not highlighted, select Favorite Boards
  • go to Edit and add all of the Boards you would like to see
  • go back to “Best Of” and go to Recommended Posts if not already highlighted
  • make sure that you choose My Favorites in the dropdown from the “In” menu box
  • choose a timeframe (such as last 24 hours) and hit the Go button

Voila

Pete

1 Like

The “Best of” list doesn’t care whether or not you’ve “favorited” a board, so removing it won’t change anything. Best you can do is just increase the number of posts it shows from the default (25 I think).

That is correct. I have never had Saul’s board as one of my favorites and it is on the Best of list for me. One reason why Retire Early Campfire and Retire Early Liberal Edition was moved to the Politics folder is that posts on boards in that folder are not included in Best of.

PSU

That is correct. I have never had Saul’s board as one of my favorites and it is on the Best of list for me. One reason why Retire Early Campfire and Retire Early Liberal Edition was moved to the Politics folder is that posts on boards in that folder are not included in Best of.

PSU

“Yeah, but”

One of the Best of arguments is the field. Default is “All Folders”.

Dropping down the list, you can select “Favorites”. That’s where the manipulations start.

1 Like

Yes. The steps are:

* go to Favorites & Replies
* if not highlighted, select Favorite Boards
* go to Edit and add all of the Boards you would like to see
* go back to “Best Of” and go to Recommended Posts if not already highlighted
* make sure that you choose My Favorites in the dropdown from the “In” menu box
* choose a timeframe (such as last 24 hours) and hit the Go button

That does nothing, at least for me.

The best workaround I have found is to go to the “Best Of” board and increase the (default) number of posts from 25 to 99.

Now make a browser bookmark of that page, and every time you return to it you will find 99 posts, which will usually get you down to posts with just 1 or 2 recs. Ignore the top half of the list (or whatever) and you will find posts from MeTAR, Retirement Investing, Building and Maintaining a Home, and all other boards except those which have been permanently excluded because of their high political content (Atheist Fools, Retire Early Campfire and Liberal Edition, Political Asylum, etc.)

You will still be inundated with Saul’s (in an earlier day it was Political Asylum) but you can just ignore them and click on whatever else you like.